Injecting - is it working?

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So I was diagnosed on Wednesday, and spent a fun time in Hospital on Thursday having blood tests, insulin, saline and peeing on demand.

I now have to inject insulin each morning (amongst other things), which seems easy enough - fairly painless, but each time I pull the needle out I see a drop or two of liquid on the end of the needle. Is this right? I am injecting 6 units for now, but I'm worried that the insulin isn't actually making it into my system. Does anyone else see similar?

When I left hospital my glucose was down to 12.9, but went back to 21 that evening. Since then it seems to be stabilising around 14-16. Kato's have steadily dropped from 4 down to 0 - 0.5 now.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guru and welcome to the mad house, as you have already started to jab yourself as long as you leave the needle in at the end of the injection and count to ten slowly the drops of insulin left on the needle or your skin are perfectly normal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guru and welcome to the mad house, as you have already started to jab yourself as long as you leave the needle in at the end of the injection and count to ten slowly the drops of insulin left on the needle or your skin are perfectly normal

Thanks for the reply! Have been counting to 15 just to be on the safe side!

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks for the reply! Have been counting to 15 just to be on the safe side!

I have that too, a drop on the end of the needle. It does seem to be 'normal', but like you, I was a little concerned. ( but not a newbie) like you (Wednesday, 25 th was my birthday, I had a lovely time and you had a bit of a rotten one :( !!).
Take care,

RRB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have that too, a drop on the end of the needle. It does seem to be 'normal', but like you, I was a little concerned. ( but not a newbie) like you (Wednesday, 25 th was my birthday, I had a lovely time and you had a bit of a rotten one :( !!).
Take care,

RRB

Thanks, though compared to some on here I seem to have had a relatively good time of things (obviously birthday celebrations would have been much better!). Doctor and Hospital were all very helpful and supportive, and took time out to explain and help. Have read some horror stories on the other threads. My doctor and nurses have been nothing but helpful. First appointment with the diabetic nurse is on Tuesday.

Reactions: 6 people

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You certainly were lucky Guru .I was given the prescription and left to follow the instructions on the box when I got my insulin pen o_O