Input fusion event

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I have just seen this event online for Type 1 diabetics...

http://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk/about-2/input-in-person/input-fusion-11-june-2016/

There doesn't seem to be much information about this online. I have only been diagnosed since December, and was wondering if it would be worthwhile attending this event. It it's quite a long journey for me so before committing to this I would like to know what to expect from such an event.

If anyone can let me have their views or experiences of similar events I would be grateful.

Thanks
Paul

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum :)

Not been to one of these days but it does sound good reading your link.

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've not been to an input one, but GBdoc did something similar in February in Nottingham. It's a chance to meet other diabetics and talk about the subjects that interest a number of people, whether that be what complications we see (and suddenly find are more common in the diabetic population, like frozen shoulders) or what it's like to use a pump on a day to day basis from people who are using them is down to those who attend.

iHs

I think this event is suited to those who are interested in finding out about insulin pumps and a few of the current pump companies will be attending the event to demonstrate how the pumps work etc......Kaleido is said to be there and Cellnovo along with other companies involved with diabetes technology so well worth going just to see and pick up all the pumps instead of just looking at them on the internet