Insanity work out!

onthegow

Hi all.
I have been doing the insanity workout. Has anyone tried it. I'm t1 and have been for 3 yrs now. I thought of exercise like I use to pre t1. I use to train hard but when I was diagnosed I fell apart. 3 yrs on and insanity caught my attention. I took 6 months deliberating the challenge. I bought a cycle and tried that but that did not capture my attention for long. But I kept coming back to insanity. I purchased insanity from someone who had not got round to opening it. Bargain price. It sat in the cupboard for further 4 weeks and 8 days ago I unwrapped it. 8 days in and feeling tired but exhilarated. Sugars in range when doing so and after. I aim to post here periodically with progress. Just wondering if anyone else had tried it. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Re: Insanity work out!

i have deliberated about it loads of times but never actually jumped in, the t-shirt looks good, i watched a marathon video on you tube and this dude who had done the most ridiculous running things in life always said he did it for the t-shirts which sounded so reasonable to me so now like this week when i cant walk properly because of running further than my body wants me to and people are asking me why i put myself through this i say i do it for the t-shirt, so yes i want the t-shirt so may try it but ill see if it kills you first before making my decision, ill be looking forward to your updates :)

best of luck

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Good luck buddy, I've just got this free from my mate, looks really good especially looking at the background people, they look knackered. I want to get a bit fitter before I try it so that should be in about 40 years!!! Good luck and keep us posted.

onthegow

Andy & pez

The updates will follow. I had not done any training really for 3 yrs and went straight into it.give it ago. I want the tshirt too 52 days to go hopefully it won't kill me. I am drinking a carb drink between 35_70 grams in 500mil bottle. I can already see the transformation in my body long may it continue. I'm eating about 4000 cals each day. And I'm still hungry.
Insanity is that I look like the people in the background knackered. 45 mins session omg it's mad guess why they call it insanity.
Bring it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1382474090.599349.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1382474090.599349.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 2,446

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Interested about this, have heard that they do a course at my local leisure centre, am going to find some info about it....

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

brett said:
Interested about this, have heard that they do a course at my local leisure centre, am going to find some info about it....

It's certainly a full on cardio beast of a workout. Quite pricey though unless you know someone who has it or you can download it. I've got it on hard drive and it's about 70 gig or something silly !

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

No, wouldn't go for the dvd, to easy to cheat, skip a workout lol. A proper class run at the local leisure with someone "motivating" you(or killing I'm starting to think). A group run class for a duration of weeks. Plus more room than in my house lol.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

that was my problem with the gym, unless with a trainer i was like "ok just another 2 sets of these and..... or i could just leave now" lol

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

maybe thats why running works for me once im out i have to get home somehow so i may as well run back

Reactions: 2 people

onthegow

How do Brett.
Either way go for it. I make of at home know what your saying regarding missing a session almost stopped tonight but pushed through. It's like an addiction I can't leave it alone. I will have to dig out my heart monitor to make sure I'm safe. I have a 7 yr old who makes sure I complete it a bit like Shaun T in the room with me. Lol.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

At the leisure centre tomorrow, my 9 year old has a spin class haha, he loves it. will see what they say. Your own mr motivator onthego :)
Andy, keep on running :)

onthegow

Yes she does not let me get away with anything even jumping in to rep it out with me. Where does the energy come from. Keep it up Andy post some of the t shirts you got in your endeavours. Hopefully I'll get mine on here once completed.
Brett good luck post here your thoughts once completed.
Heads up the first 5 days I was stiff and could have thrown it in but gang on in there. I am mr inflexible which did not help.
So glad I posted here like minded people for motivation.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Glad you posted to, had been slowly getting back to the old exercise routine, weights mainly but need to add some good cardio. Was starting to get de~ motivated. All he extra testing, adjusting. Reading your post had given me the kick I needed, thanks for that.

onthegow

Brett.
Anytime. Motivation group in our bid to regain fitness once again. Know what you mean re testing I have adopted the view of work to how my body feels then test. Risky but works for me less jabbing my finger etc.
catch you all soon with progress report. Keep up the good work everyone.

onthegow

Update.
Well straight in from work and into the routine. My sugars were 12 prior to starting which is usually ok as the come down. Felt very strong for about 20 mins of pure cadio. All down hill then. Lol.
I hung in there not compromising quality. But man it was intense.
Post sugars 9. Feeling much better now.
Think I got my lunch time in the wrong place as usual today has been manic.
2 nd time I have done the pure cadio and it ain't getting easier it's the opposite.
How's everyone else doing in their bid for fitness.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

I try to do a bit of cardio every day. Anything from a brief walk to an hours hard squash. I find it enjoyable but mainly one of the best ways to control BG levels. In my opinion, it's just as important as diet for a diabetic. As for Insanity, as I mentioned before, I do that at work. There are about 8 of us do it regular. If I was on my own, I'd quit lol !

Henry_Sugar

@ onthegow

Congrats on giving this a go !!!!!

Pls keep us updated especially your blood sugars

Al the v v v best

onthegow

So far my sugars have been little up and down ill post them against the activity at the end of this week so there will be two weeks to compare. Feeling it now tired that is I'm hoping as the weeks tick on my energy levels will increase. My diabetic nurse has kindly given me a ketone monitor to check I'm being sate as exercise like this can affect this aspect. Let the madness continue. Keep it up everyone well done for today's fitness to all following updates to follow.
Oh. The carb drink I am using provides that little extra boost and prevents hypo. I'm going along the tact of keep my level high about 10 to 12 and sort them out later once I have recovered within 2 hrs they are back between 5 and 10. Which is what my diabetic team are happy with.