Insight Pump and NovoRapid

philipking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have a question for NovoRapid users. I've been on the Insight pump for nearly three years and have increasingly noticed that my levels are spiking as the NovoRapid cartridge content gets lower. A cartridge only lasts me two or three days at most so cannula sites seem fine but blood readings rise significantly once cartridge content is around 30 or lower. Has anyone noticed anything similar?

fozzie84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have a question for NovoRapid users. I've been on the Insight pump for nearly three years and have increasingly noticed that my levels are spiking as the NovoRapid cartridge content gets lower. A cartridge only lasts me two or three days at most so cannula sites seem fine but blood readings rise significantly once cartridge content is around 30 or lower. Has anyone noticed anything similar?

I am also on the insight and using novorapid and sometimes I get higher levels just before a cannula change. I'm usually okay with a change every 3 days but some sites I'm better with a change every 2 days. It varies for everyone and can also depend on which area you are using for your canula, but I would have thought this was more likely to be your issue, that just also happens to be as you are nearing the end of a cartridge. It could be worth changing your canula more frequently or trying an alternative length canula, depending on what you are using now.

Reactions: jimbocolvie
D

Deleted Account

Can't comment on the Insight as I use an Animas Vibe. However, I d you NovoRapid. I have never noticed an increased insulin need as the cartridge gets low.
I hope you get to the bottom of this as changing sets more often is a pain ... although I change mine every 2 days because the sites get too irritated otherwise.