insulin pump

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i dont know if its aloud but is there any places or any one in cardiff area on the pump,hat i could meet up with to see what im going to be dealing with would like to meet a diabetic on the insulin pump for some good knowledge. how would i do this do you no??

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I had a couple come over to me from Haverford West to Ammanford to go through pump etc a few times. So I'm hoping that someone may respond to your request. I live in East England now, so a bit too far nowadays.. Sorry...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thereslots of people on pumps from Llanelli hospital, so here's hoping someone will respond. Would you be willing to go to a services or somewhere to meet up?

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a couple come over to me from Haverford West to Ammanford to go through pump etc a few times. So I'm hoping that someone may respond to your request. I live in East England now, so a bit too far nowadays.. Sorry...
yes its too far really, i hope so too id like to know a bit of information off someone that has diabetes and is on the pump as i would take the information in better :)

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thereslots of people on pumps from Llanelli hospital, so here's hoping someone will respond. Would you be willing to go to a services or somewhere to meet up?
what do you mean ?? dont no anything about this would prefer a 1 on 1 as i would feel awkward going with a group of people that i habe never met before if you no what i mean

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It is a great idea, even if it is a different pump to one that you will have.

All clinics should really try to introduce new pumpers to an old pump user. It would so help new pump users.

I'm seeing our diabetic gp next week at lunchtime to show him my pump and to go through the basics of what has to be given to new pump users on their prescriptions. This was arranged from people here being miffed from the GP's messing up their prescriptions when they went to a pump.

I'm sure somebody will come along, makes me wish I was living 1/2 way up Betws mountain again...

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
betws mountain ?? wheres that lol ye hope so. it would be good to take to people thats in the same situations as your self and that are actually diabetics :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
We had Betws mountain behind us and Black mountain in front of us.. Absolutely staggering.. 25 miles west of Swansea.

Have you thought of contacting your hospital and asking if there is a pump user that would be willing to chat?

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm starting my insulin pump on the 10th of this month after struggling and long waiting to get on it