jettcrash11

I have insulin resistance, pretty high almost tipping the scale. I recently made life changes in past three weeks and went on a low carb diet. I went from 232 pounds to 225 pounds within that time frame. However this week I haven't dropped weight at all. I gained a pound. I have been having trouble going to the bathroom even with a fiber supplement, but I have been eventually. I have kept my carbs under 60 grams a day . I have to admit I did eat a little more bread this week, but just a little. My protein has gone up a little too. I exercise for about an hour everyday. What is happening?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have insulin resistance, pretty high almost tipping the scale. I recently made life changes in past three weeks and went on a low carb diet. I went from 232 pounds to 225 pounds within that time frame. However this week I haven't dropped weight at all. I gained a pound. I have been having trouble going to the bathroom even with a fiber supplement, but I have been eventually. I have kept my carbs under 60 grams a day . I have to admit I did eat a little more bread this week, but just a little. My protein has gone up a little too. I exercise for about an hour everyday. What is happening?
¨

I think you are doing really fine , what medications are you on ?
get some laxative , if this keeps continuing ..
if you are not yet on metformin, that medication is know for the opposite effect and in my case it also helped me lose weight --- it is really great that you exercise 1 hour every day, if you could up it a bit there might be space for half a banana that also could help you with your problem..

or you could take some Physillum Husk like a spoone full in your greek fulfat yoghurt...
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...-bowels-company-lepicol-60081444?skuid=081444

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-psyllium-husks-capsules-500mg-60003241

really gtreat that you are able to keep carbs under 60 grams a day..

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It would help if you told us what diabetes medication you are on, if any, what sort of blood sugar levels you see, and if you have your own meter.

It is common to experience constipation when starting low carb. It helps if you increase your fluids (water) and eat enough fats, also increase the amount of foods you eat that contain a lot of fibre. Seeds (especially flaxseed) is good for this.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You should probably be on Metformin? Keep going with the low-carb diet and have enough proteins and fats. If the weight doesn't come down then you need to discuss possibilities with the GP. There are some injectables that could be considered.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is probably the bread - I can't eat ordinary bread and lose weight.
It is not the quantity of carbs so much as the quality of what you eat. Try to keep the foods low carb.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How can I lose more weight on low carb?
Do you have diabetes? what type and what medications are you taking? how are your blood sugars on 60g carbs a day?

Sorry for the all the questions but it would help us to make useful suggestions regarding what worked for us.