1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Introduction time

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by Jamesy_Boy, Jul 15, 2017 at 5:35 AM.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If you are really struggling on the low calorie regime, consider eating low carb - I feel that I could not have done better since diagnosis.
    I am going to knit myself a jersey with 'Dr Atkins was right' - in a Medium - I have already got back to a Large size.
    I find the way of eating very easy to stick to and can't see any problem in going on this way for the rest of my life. That's the key for me - diabetes for the rest of my life means that I just stick to the way of eating which controls the blood glucose in the normal range.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Contralto

Contralto Other · Well-Known Member

High Fat, and that means only certain fats to some of us and unlimited bacon and spoonfuls of sosonut oil to others. Not only is there the LCHF free course on the website, but also, a place called Diet Doctor has handy charts for which nuts are more carborific than others. There are purists among the dieters, for example, that eschew carrots, beets and other higher carb root veggies along with their refusals to eat any fruit or legumes. And Diet Doctor provides the charts to learn these differences. And, btw, you need not join and pay the monthly fee to get the basics and the charts.

Also on this website are plenty of cookbooks not to mention recipes galore. This makes it possible to, say, follow vegan LCHF, for example, or be as meaterific as you desire.

I read your other post talking about how everyone oughta know all about the Newcastle diet since it's been around since3 2001. First, I never heard of it until I joined this forum a year and a half ago Secondly, once you do find out, there is not any information on how you could make your own shakes and follow this diet if you weren't literally on the program in certain parts of Great Britain. So, any info you could provide for us do -it yourselfers across the pond in Washington, D.C. and other outlying areas, since this is now a global forum, would certainly be appreciated.

So, looking forward to you sharing

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook