Introductions.

mazbee78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone,

I used to visit here a few years ago, but had to make a new account as my old email account that was linked to this site is now defunct.

I was diagnosed type 2 in November 2009.
Since then, I have added to my list of medical diagnosis's.
I have mild Diverticulitis.
Duodenitis.
IBS.
Hiatus Hernia.
Severe Sleep Apnea.

I take 1000mg metformin and 40mg gliclazide per day.

I did take 2000mg metformin until recently, and although they were slow release, they really caused me a lot of stomach and bowel pain. Although my diabetic team at the G.P. practice did not agree with my self diagnosis. I reduced my metformin intake to prove to myself that it was the metformin, and I was right. I informed my DN. who then decided to work with me and reduced the amount and added the gliclazide. Since when the stomach problems reduced to manageable levels.

My IBS is a totally different beast when it comes to problems and pain. Most of the time it is under control and causes no problems.

I was given Omeprazole for my Duodenitis and Hiatus Hernia. This caused massive problems with my kidneys and bladder. I was always getting bladder infections whilst on this drug. I asked to come off it!

I have always refused to take statins, due to both my parents having an allergic reaction in their liver, and causing them more health problems.

My Blood pressure is and always has been normal.
My cholesterol is 5.1
My blood sugar was up slightly at last HbA1c to 6.4
My weight is 15.6 stone.

I am due for a 3 monthly check tomorrow for my bloods, and 2 weeks later for the results.

I am a full time carer for my husband who is now in stage 4 (end stage) COPD. I also care for both my elderly parents who to are end stage bone cancer and end stage heart failure.

I also help look after my grandchildren as my son works and my lovely DIL has many health issues.

Looking forward to reading posts and catching up with you all.
Also to ask some questions as they arise.

Marion.

Reactions: Prem51

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Marion,

Welcome back!

Good luck with the tests.. :)