Is 26 too high?

GemT33

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I've recently been diagnosed with type 1 just a few weeks ago and I'm really not very confident. I've just checked my levels and it's a reading of 26? Should I be worried? I'm currently taking novomix30 twice daily.
Bit nervous to go to sleep.
Thanks in advance.

D

Diabeticliberty

Hello GemT33, 26 is a very high blood sugar reading and steps do need to be take to bring it down. In answer to your question should you be worried? No you should not because it is what it is and worrying about it will just make you feel pretty rubbish. Most type 1's would counter your current situation by taking an extra dose of fast acting insulin. From your post though I see that you are taking a mixed insulin so probably not appropriate for you. I would monitor closely your blood sugars and speak to your doctor first thing this morning if things don't improve. I hope that they do for you :)

Reactions: GrantGam

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What country are you in? Novomix 30 twice daily is something the used here in the 80's for Type 1's. They do still use it for Type 2's. Are you sure you're a Type 1? 26 is a really high blood sure assuming it's in UK units.