Is anyone on Forxiga ( dapaglifloxin ) AND Bydureon ( exenatide )

gaiaxaia

Hi, is anyone on both this drugs and how does it affect them ? Any problems, did you need to reduce your insulin ? was their weight loss ? did it help lower blood pressure ?

My background is I am a T2 but I've been using insulin for over 10 yrs and metformin - to help ovulation

Thanks so much

Reactions: 2 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
My guess would be that you will have to watch your insulin use very carefully as those medications, when used together, should cause a strong lowering of your BS. There should be a consequent weight loss if they are used with an appropriate diet. A decrease in BP is likely with the weight loss.

Your clinic/GP should be guiding you about insulin reduction or hypos might become a problem.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@gaiaxaia - Hello. I have been taking Dapagliflozin 5mg since July, 2016 - also take 44 Units of Humulin i Insulin and 2000mg of Metformin daily. Since being on the Dapagliflozin I have lost 1stone 4lbs, reduced my HBA1C from 81 to 59, no change in my blood pressure readings. Have suffered with Burning Urine on two occasions and had 3 lots of groin Thrush whilst taking this drug and my GP pointed out to me I was to stop the drug until these side effects cleared up and then 're-start' taking it again.