Is It Possible To Reset /delete Codefree Meter History?

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just discovered the pc software for my sd codefree meter and wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to delete the stored readings?

Thanks in advance

Andy

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's a good point. I'll leave mine out for a few hours and see how it goes.

thanks.gif

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
It will have no effect other than the meter requiring to have all the setup procedure through on restart.

pumas

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Why do you want to delete the stored readings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
I think everybody has a few spurious readings and wrong dates/times when they first unbox a new meter and try it out.
None of the meters I have tried allow the meter to be reset to a virgin state.

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can confirm that having left the battery out for 24 hours, the meter does not reset.

The reason I wanted to do a bit of housekeeping on my readings was because a number of them aren't mine and I have just discovered the software.

Once I got the meter, friends & family all wanted me to test them. Rather than explain a one-off test, at a random time would have little meaning, it was easier to just humour them and jab them in the finger. Some came back looking for a 2nd test, but setting the needle to max depth soon put paid to any 3rd visits (sorry wifey) :D

Thanks again to all that replied.

Andy

• Funny
Reactions: EllieM

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think you only recourse is to buy a new meter start over and not use it to satisfy peoples curiosity

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
There is a good reason why results cannot be deleted DVLA record keeping requirements for drivers who are insulin dependant.

• Informative

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
There is a good reason why results cannot be deleted DVLA record keeping requirements for drivers who are insulin dependant.
Oh!

GreyNewt

I've just discovered the pc software for my sd codefree meter and wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to delete the stored readings?

Thanks in advance

Andy
Contrary to previous answers - yes it is possible to delete entries.
I use an SD Codefree device and this is how to delete a single entry (you have to do one at a time)..
- Put the unit in standby mode (flashing strip signal)
- Tap the left arrow to display the last reading or keep pressing to get to the reading you want to delete
- Press the left arrow and the right arrow keys simultaneously and keep them pressed for about 3 seconds, until 'del' is displayed
- Release the arrow keys then press and hold the on/off button for about 3 seconds.
- As soon as the display clears, release the on/off button and the displat returns to the next oldest reading having deleted the one you were on.

It's a pain having to do each in turn but at least it can be done.
It is important that the left and right arrow keys are pressed at EXACTLY the same time.

Nannyrosie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you follow the post above . When your pressed both the arrows together you will then get All come up on the left hand side. Press that key and keep it pressed until they are all deleted.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey - I didn't know you could do that.

mighty gonk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you follow the post above . When your pressed both the arrows together you will then get All come up on the left hand side. Press that key and keep it pressed until they are all deleted.
If you go to the 30 days tab right press you can do as above post and delete all in the meter thanks for the tip off

• Friendly