Is itchy skin related to diabetes?

starboy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sickness
I have it 2 on my butt and and upper legs when it itches I just rub some mentalted,rubbing alcohol or vodka that stops the itching

greybags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It get the itching as well, but my Dr prescribes E45 Itch relief cream, which works very well...

KTNIC

Does anyone else suffer from itching skin? Is it typical in diabetes sufferers? I was diagnosed a few months ago with T2, and am trying to manage by diet and exercise alone. However, in the last month or so I have suffered with terrible itching to the area just above both ankles, both forearms, behind the knees and lower stomach. It's not there all the time - usually in the morning but sometimes in the evening as well. It drives me crazy, so, just before I book in to the doctors yet again, I thought I would ask you good folks. Thank you. :roll:

KTNIC

Does anyone else suffer from itching skin? Is it typical in diabetes sufferers? I was diagnosed a few months ago with T2, and am trying to manage by diet and exercise alone. However, in the last month or so I have suffered with terrible itching to the area just above both ankles, both forearms, behind the knees and lower stomach. It's not there all the time - usually in the morning but sometimes in the evening as well. It drives me crazy, so, just before I book in to the doctors yet again, I thought I would ask you good folks. Thank you. :roll:

What else!!! And I thought it was my new jumper! But couldn’t explain the itchy ankles! Now I know diagnosed before Christmas no meds yet trying to self manage. Finding it very hard to make the right decisions it’s mind boggling. Sorry just getting to me.

D

Deleted member 308541

What else!!! And I thought it was my new jumper! But couldn’t explain the itchy ankles! Now I know diagnosed before Christmas no meds yet trying to self manage. Finding it very hard to make the right decisions it’s mind boggling. Sorry just getting to me.
Doubtful you will get a reply from the OP as she posted this thread nearly seven years ago,

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
get itchy..yep.

bum cheek weirdly..left hand side..comes and goes first aware a few days after taking met...thought it was that.
bg pretty good control....i think

new thread best, though

Reactions: KTNIC