Is your Prediabetes simply the "hunter" gene?

Do you have the "hunter" gene

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi
I have believe found out that there is a gene which is usually diagnosed as prediabetes because people(me) with that gene process sugar differently than the "normal" gene people. The doctor in the U.S. who found the different glucose tolerance test called it the "hunter" gene since we fail the low carb diet. If you have the "hunter" gene your A1C would be strongly influenced by the amount of sugar/starch you eat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the hunter gene and thrive on low carb high fat. Add any amount of carbs and Im Ravenous.

Example today I wanted bs to drop a tad. I had some lettuce asparagus and spicy greasing vs my avocado or nuts. I was unbalancesd and ravenous for hours. Actually I still am. I need my hearty fats all day every day. I hate being hungry.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
I have the hunter gene and thrive on low carb high fat. Add any amount of carbs and Im Ravenous.

Example today I wanted bs to drop a tad. I had some lettuce asparagus and spicy greasing vs my avocado or nuts. I was unbalancesd and ravenous for hours. Actually I still am. I need my hearty fats all day every day. I hate being hungry.
Hi

I have had a problem gettting to this post.
I have read several times that humans can not turn protein into fat. We use insulin to change the amonia produced by protein into urea except for a minor amount we use to replace protein. "Hunter" gene people are usually type 2 diabetic. They only cut the hormones they use to create insulin resistance and then if necessary put out some insulin while they wait for the hormones to clear enough (depends on how much sugar you are talking about) to put out enough insulin to mop up the sugar. They are supposed to (as probably all humans) put out hormones so that the insulin doesn't overdo things.
I have reactive hypoglycemia. I do not put out the hormones when I am supposed to. If I process a lot of sugar I have waited long enough so that I am no longer insulin resistant I get very low sugar. At that point my body turns on the hormones on an emergency basis. This emergency reaction is probably available to all humans. Then the liver can do its thing and change fat into sugar. If I eat less sugar I am still somewhat insulin resistant. I do not get very low sugar. I get sick because I am not putting out the hormones that my gene says should be on most of the time. My blood sugar stays modestly low but probably what effects me the most is that my body is trying to turn on the hormones. I get a very mild shaking and recover. I assume my body is finally sussessful in turning on the hormones.
To prevent this from happening I eat a very low sugar/starch/alcohol diet so I am simulating an actual type 2 diabetic controlling their diabetes with diet. I guess I have been on this diet for over 12 years. I find that (even though there have been times when I ate a lot of fat) that my blood fats are normal, my circulation feels fine and everything else normally tested is very normal. I am still fat so I have cut the fat in my strange diet and am not losing weight. I note that since I am insulin resistant I do not lose weight on your low starch diet.