Type 2 iThrive From the depths of Diabetes and Obesity

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Missed the free view of episode 2 now they are asking for money... what a surprise!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear.. It's just another "What the health".... apparently by eating fat I'm making my insulin resistance worse... thankfully nobody told my body so my fasting insulin tests were ok...

Reactions: Goonergal

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Missed the free view of episode 2 now they are asking for money... what a surprise!
I knew there would be a catch! Call it my nasty suspicious mind.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I'm a cynic but I have tried sitting through droning American voices before now who offer a miracle pill but don't get to the nitty gritty for about an hour and a half. Then they tell you it's only $500 a bottle. The trailer felt like one of those.

Also I have written elsewhere about people who find a piece of information and try to tell the world that they discovered it. The trailer also reminded me of those.

Can you tell? I might not be watching it.

EDIT: Do they also sell timeshare?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must be in a ratty mood. I found the first episode and I couldn't even stand the music. I turned it off.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I'm afraid I found the trailer rather cheesy and I do not understand why they would want my name and my email address. I noticed that Dr. Fung is involved but I'm wary of giving out too much information.
They want your name and email so they send you the series to your email

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You know I am finding it rather disheartening bothering to post here of late, people are so negative..You all are condemning the program before even watching the series...No wonder people are leaving this site

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If you go to the Facebook page “ Ithriveseries” then the first one at least is available without signup the first 30 minutes is a bit turgid and very “American” dramatic.. that’s as far as I have got so far.. have to go and walk the dog ...back later..[/QUOTE
Oh, how nice "Turgid very American dramatic??" Great. My "American" husband was thinking of joining the site,but after reading this with me has decided against doing so.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
You know I am finding it rather disheartening bothering to post here of late, people are so negative..You all are condemning the program before even watching the series...No wonder people are leaving this site

To be fair, you just posted a new thread about it you titled "This is a much watch for all of us and our families"

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/this-is-a-much-watch-for-all-of-us-and-our-families.136151/

Based on that, I was under the impression you'd already watched it, but you haven't. I don't understand why you are upset that people don't like it because they haven't seen it or have only watched part of it and are clearly not impressed? So what if you posted something that people don't agree with. That's how it goes sometimes. People are not always going to give someone a thumbs up. :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

It would be disingenuous to comment with anything less than an honest opinion. I viewed the trailer some time ago and based on what I saw decided against viewing the series. The fact that the promoters wanted my details also put me off but the overriding reason was the sub par and frankly shallow nature of the trailer. If you disagree with this opinion of mine then you are perfectly at liberty to say so citing your reasons if you so wish. This is a forum for discussion after all, not an echo chamber.

Reactions: Robbity

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm afraid I might have called it rather puke making.... if I wasn't such a nice polite person.:rolleyes:
Robbity
And the award goes to....

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I recognise quite a few faces in the trailer, including the vegetarian/vegan guys like Barnard and Furhrman - so it seems like the guy is going to cover all sides of the diabetes "reversal" story. I'd be suspicious if none of those guys were included - but as long as Fung, O'Bryan and others are also covered, it's fine with me.

@Guzzler - don't you have a generic email address for just these "sign up required" online events? Once they're finished, it's easy to unsubscribe and stop further emails. I've been doing this for the past 5 years or so without any issues.
It would be disingenuous to comment with anything less than an honest opinion. I viewed the trailer some time ago and based on what I saw decided against viewing the series. The fact that the promoters wanted my details also put me off but the overriding reason was the sub par and frankly shallow nature of the trailer. If you disagree with this opinion of mine then you are perfectly at liberty to say so citing your reasons if you so wish. This is a forum for discussion after all, not an echo chamber.
Well some of you have made up your mind not to bother watching it because of other people's opinions who have watched the odd part of the series, that is your prerogative.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well, I for one will watch the series as I like to make my own mind up. I cannot base my opinion on other people's opinions especially when they have only watched parts of it or just a trailer. Seeing as there are some well-known doctors and Jason Fung in the trailer I thought perhaps this video would be interesting to people on here. Maybe it will to some. Even if some parts are negative in the film, there may be still some things to learn.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

I thought this was a free series?

Any mention of how much they wanted? It would potentially explain the reason for wanting your email address. Which raises a red flag for me anytime something is free and they want your name and or email.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have people got a problem with Americans on here? Only twice I have seen reference's to them..Such as "American dramatics" Another "Their droning American voices" How nasty. My husband is American..I am not sure that I want to continue with this site. Quite disappointed

Reactions: francesk

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I know I'm a cynic but I have tried sitting through droning American voices before now who offer a miracle pill but don't get to the nitty gritty for about an hour and a half. Then they tell you it's only $500 a bottle. The trailer felt like one of those.

Also I have written elsewhere about people who find a piece of information and try to tell the world that they discovered it. The trailer also reminded me of those.

Can you tell? I might not be watching it.

EDIT: Do they also sell timeshare?
Droning American voices?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Have people got a problem with Americans on here? Only twice I have seen reference's to them..Such as "American dramatics" Another "Their droning American voices" How nasty. My husband is American..I am not sure that I want to continue with this site. Quite disappointed

Nope, my wife is American and she agrees with what I told her. The trailer is very cheesy. She watched it and said I bet they want money at some point. I don't know if they do or not, so I quoted bulkbikers experience to ask. I did find it overly dramatic (appears to be aimed at American audiences) with the dark depressive slant of no hope and death is the only possible outcome with sad music to start off with.

Then suddenly the sun is shinning, everyone is smiling and cheery because there is suddenly hope. The trailer has a certain feel to it, like they have all the answers. Which appears to be a typical hook to get you to sign up, for which I am not comfortable handing over my email. Just not for me. They could easily post it up for free without asking for people's email addresses.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you might have misunderstood something. There is nothing wrong with American voices. If there were then there are a lot of very good films that I would not watch.

There is, however, a particular form of sales technique where someone talks for a considerable amount of time and finally reveals the price of the commodity they are selling. I have never heard one of these with any other voice than an Amercan male.

It's not the accent, it's what they are using it for. I understand that this is the technique used to sell time share.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think you might have misunderstood something. There is nothing wrong with American voices. If there were then there are a lot of very good films that I would not watch.

There is, however, a particular form of sales technique where someone talks for a considerable amount of time and finally reveals the price of the commodity they are selling. I have never heard one of these with any other voice than an Amercan male.

It's not the accent, it's what they are using it for. I understand that this is the technique used to sell time share.
Sorry if I misunderstood. My oppologies