It's like walking up hill.

Palerider

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being diabetic, and getting old.
I am type 2 on medication all the normal stuff. The professionals all prescribe loose weight do more exercise, we have it all.
My issue is my legs hurt all the time it's .like walking uphill all the time. My right leg is worse. I have tried low impact exercise but they still ache.
Has anyone else experienced this and what's the answer.
I have seen the doctor and all the checked seem ok.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I am type 2 on medication all the normal stuff. The professionals all prescribe loose weight do more exercise, we have it all.
My issue is my legs hurt all the time it's .like walking uphill all the time. My right leg is worse. I have tried low impact exercise but they still ache.

Hi Palerider,

Can you elaborate a bit? Are you talking about joint pain (as in arthritis) or muscle pain (as in easily fatigued)?

Palerider

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being diabetic, and getting old.
The latter, feel tired all the time.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you on statins as these can in some people make the muscles ache, if you are it may be worth asking your gp to change the type of statin you are on,

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
I have a vibrodisc which may be helpful to you. You can buy them on the tellybox shopping channels who offer terms to spread the cost over a few months. I have also seen them on ebay at around £50 but mainly collect only.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Do you need to lose a lot of weight ? It makes a GREAT difference to ones walking abilities. Did the doctor do a EKG to check out your cardio health, in part at least. Could be claudication etc. ie Peripheral arterial disease etc.The list of possible causes is very long.