I've been unwell this week

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On Saturday night I was violently sick and have felt cr*p since then. No more sickness or diarrhoea but have had bad stomach cramps since then. I know where I got it from, grandsons playgroup on Friday, grandson sick as well on Saturday but being 2 years old he bounced back with no more symptoms. I'm just after a bit of sympathy as I am sure, hope, that I will be OK to have him on Friday when we go back to playgroup,. I haven't tested my blood as I can't do anything about it if it high.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Get well soon, lass.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If it persists a gp appointment might be needed thou?
Drinking plenty of clear water does help enormously @carol43 . Let me know if no better tomorrow. I'm interested and listening. Hugs from me.
3 days of sickness will affect electrolytes. If you're taking metformin stop it like info leaflet instructs in such times.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun Thank you. I haven't taken Metformin for a long while now. I am drinking plenty, good job I've got a downstairs loo. Am trying a little bit of dinner tonight with plenty of salt.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hoping another 24hrs of your self care will work wonders. Be kind to yourself and give your body time too.
Try and check-in again same time tomorrow with an update.

Inbetween any worse then please seek medical attention. Also if in doubt about symptoms see your gp, at least.

Water, low carb food and time, should help. If constant high bgs and 20s or more longterm can worry even medics.
Are you taking any diabetes medication?

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoping another 24hrs of your self care will work wonders. Be kind to yourself and give your body time too.
Try and check-in again same time tomorrow with an update.

Inbetween any worse then please seek medical attention. Also if in doubt about symptoms see your gp, at least.

Water, low carb food and time, should help. If constant high bgs and 20s or more longterm can worry even medics.
Are you taking any diabetes medication?

No meds. The best meds are will power. Feel a bit better after my dinner tonight, half Aldi sausage, mushroom & cheesy cauliflower.

Ok, curiosity got the better of me and I have just tested and it was.................5.8 not to shoddy.

Reactions: woodywhippet61

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No meds. The best meds are will power. Feel a bit better after my dinner tonight, half Aldi sausage, mushroom & cheesy cauliflower.

Ok, curiosity got the better of me and I have just tested and it was.................5.8 not to shoddy.
Brilliant. Well done :)