IVF and trying to conceive

Soapsuds86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
PS - what i should have said above is, that I don't believe diabetes causes infertility directly, but auto immune issues can and do!! Diabetes is caused by an underlying auto immune issue and there are increasing links and research stating that immune issues can/are causing problems in conceiving and miscarriage. That doesn't mean that every person with diabetes or an auto immune disease will have trouble conceiving though!!
I honestly believe that these tests and immune treatments will become protocol within the NHS in a matter of years. There is so much more to learn, it is fascinating stuff. I have read a brilliant book called 'Is Your Body Baby Friendly', by Dr Alan Beer. He is the man behind the Chicago Tests. Such a good read, i would highly recommend it...
http://www.babyfriendlybook.com/
Em xx
Hey,

Wow, your story really interests me! I have always said to my hubby that it could be my body attacking the cells! That's really interesting. It just makes logical sense! It will be interesting if nhs allow these tests ( or eve have the funding for it ).
Yes doctors are so quick to say it is not related but it makes sense for the auto immune system to then trigger something else off. It's all to do with hormones and unbalance.
Wow you feel are the ivf queen! 5 rounds! What an amazing strong woman!
This has to be the time for you! Everything crossed and good luck for that!
I'll check out the link! x x

emmarees26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ahh thanks hun!! Absolutely same to you ☺

Yes, 5 rounds has been a bit taxing, but this next one is definitely the last time. If I'm to be perfectly honest, whatever the outcome may be, i now know that I'll be fine with it. I've had 6 years to be angry, devastated, frustrated, emotional (very emotional) and probably a million other feelings, but in that time, something changed in me. I have started to be able to see that life is possible to be fabulous without children. If it happens for us, it will be amazing, but if it doesn't, that's ok too!!!
I have begun writing a book about our journey and I am enjoying it so much, that im thinking of writing another when I'm done. This one will be completely related to ivf and diabetes. A small niche market, granted, but i was desperate for another diabetics advice and experience when we first started out on the ivf roller coaster!! If i can help just one other woman in a similar situation, I'd be thrilled.

When is your next round of ivf? If you want any information at all, please just ask. Id be happy to help in any way.

Speak soon,
Em x

Reactions: 2 people