Januvia Vs Galvus

JamesFoster

I been on Januvia since Wednesday. Amazingly in combination with 2/3 x 500 Glucophage SR my blood sugar is averaging 4.7mmol/l and I don't feel hungry. But I do feel a little tired. I am wondering if I can shake this tiredness off by switching to Galvus?

Unbeliever

I should stick with the Januvia. Several posters here ,including myself , had some side effects for 2 or 3 weeks wich then wore off. Some had headaches.
I had a slight headache at night BUT for the first few weeks I fell asleep or had to go to bed within half an hour of taking the pill.After that the effects wore off. I have had very good results with Januvia . Sorry , I know nothing of Galvus. but I have been taking Januvia for over a year now and it is extremely effective.
I think 3 days is far oo soon o consider coming off it.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had headaches for 2 weeks with Januvia so give side-effects a chance to wear off. I also find it very effective at controlling spikes. I know nothing about Galvus.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know how old you are, but don't forget prostate enlargement as you age can cause more frequent urination. I've taken Saw Palmetto pills for years and they have helped me.

JamesFoster

Daibell said:
I don't know how old you are, but don't forget prostate enlargement as you age can cause more frequent urination. I've taken Saw Palmetto pills for years and they have helped me.

I'm 34 and a type 1.5 like you. I used to need up to 100 units of Novomix insulin/day. But for over 2 years I have controlled my bg with Metformin SR. TBH I think I'm going to stop drinking coffee. It is too strong a diuretic. And I'm going to switch to jasmine (chinese) tea.