Juice plus??

fallongerie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone on the juice plus plan? I'm trying to figure out the nutritional content of one of there shakes made with water instead of milk? Any reviews on the capsules?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't find any info on how much carbs are in their products.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Yep, I found a little info on the shakes, bars & a soup. If this is the same product? The "of which are sugars" is hot on the heels of the carb per portion content..
I've bookmarked it. Just don't feel it's appropriate to put up a link to the site.. :banghead:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Yep, I found a little info on the shakes, bars & a soup. If this is the same product? The "
I've bookmarked it. Just don't feel it's appropriate to put up a link to the site.. :banghead:
PM maybe?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found a nutritional content for one of their Vanilla shakes, prepared as directed with 250ml of skimmed milk
To find the content without the milk, you could just subtract the milk from these totals:
Calories: 223
Fat: 2.6g
Carbs: 28.2g
of which sugars: 26.6g
Fructose is the second largest ingredient
And it is interesting to see that they add more flavourings than the 'vitamin mix' and the 'fruit powder blend' is near the bottom of the list.

We had several threads on Juice Plus 2-3 years ago, and I remember a lot of dismayed reactions at the high sugar content,

This is the ingredients list of the vanilla shake
Ingredients: Vegetable protein mix (from soya, soya tofu, rice, chickpeas), fructose, fibre mix (oat bran, cellulose, rice bran, pectin, apple fibre), soya lecithin, thickeners (guar gum, carrageenan), sunflower oil, flavourings, vitamin mix (vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, folic acid, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C), mineral mix (copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, zinc, iodine), rice maltodextrin, anticaking agents: silicon dioxide, calcium silicate; fruit powder blend (apple, orange, pineapple, cranberry, peach, acerola cherry, papaya), inulin, colouring (beta-carotene), vegetable powder blend (carrot, parsley, beet, broccoli, kale, cabbage, spinach, tomato), pineapple powder, papaya powder, pumpkin seed flour, Norwegian kelp. Gluten free