just been diagnosed just over three weeks ago

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Well we're do I start, just turn 40 last Dec, about month and half ago I thought I was starting the early memo, I so wish it was, so go bloods done and got told they were checking my sugar levels.

Well first fasten came back as 14.+ and the 2nd one to confirm came back 18.4 but the proper test came back as 92. So was put on metformin well had to get tablets changed they were making me sit on the loo for half an hour at a time, and couldn't take my daughter swimming.

Anyway starting New tablets tomorrow, what am wanting to no is do I cut out all bread, rice, pasta ? Am starting to go swimming again, and join a gym with me friend, and walking its just my diet am confused with.!!

Thanks in advance xx
Thank you just confused a bit eh, I've got a meter the doctor told me I didn't need it but I got it just to test now and again.
Good for you! Your life, your rules.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What can I have part from fruit in between meals ?

Hopefully when you get used to a low carb with higher fat diet you won't be hungry enough to eat between meals. It may take a while. If you are genuinely peckish (as opposed to habit) try a piece of cheese, or a boiled egg, even a coffee with some cream. I actually find a cup of tea satisfies me. Some people munch on pork scratchings if they float your boat.

It is better all round to stick to two or three meals a day. Eating anything with carbs or sugar in between means you are making your pancreas work even harder to produce the required insulin. Also, it may raise your levels and by the time of your next proper meal your levels may not have come down, and this will impact on your post meal reading. You can use your meter to test all these things for yourself. (and put any snacks in your food diary).