Just been outside :)

M

mist

As some of you are aware, I have agoraphobia, specifically going outside in daylight hours causes me the most distress. Well, as I'm gearing up for the "run a mile a day" challenge in March, I just went out and walked 3km around my local lake to plan my route and become acustomed to being outside again.

I know it's not a big deal for many and may even seem silly to some, but for me it was a step I've been avoiding for a long time and I feel quite pleased with myself.

Looking forward to March :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am newly diagnosed type 2 but seem to be the opposite to you. I do significant exercise so what you are doing is commendable. I already do in excess of 1m 5 days a week.In fact 4 miles 3 of the days. I am now going to do a good 30 mins on the other days in my small Gym.

Diabetes was a great shock to me really good luck with your program and agoraphobia tremendous courage

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
As some of you are aware, I have agoraphobia, specifically going outside in daylight hours causes me the most distress. Well, as I'm gearing up for the "run a mile a day" challenge in March, I just went out and walked 3km around my local lake to plan my route and become acustomed to being outside again.

I know it's not a big deal for many and may even seem silly to some, but for me it was a step I've been avoiding for a long time and I feel quite pleased with myself.

Looking forward to March :)

That's a massive step! You should be really proud. X

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nice one @mist,

During the period before diagnosis, all I wanted to do was hide myself away and be on my own! Even gave up invites to parties with my family, when I know I would have enjoyed being with my grandkids especially.
Missed a lot of matches supporting my team!
Missed my coaching with my local youth club!
I couldn't do the job I'm doing now and life was s...e!

As you say baby steps, take it easy, I do know what it takes to do what you are doing!
Life is a constant battle, and don't ever accept that being hidden away is good, it's not!

Keep it up bud, I'm rooting for you!

Keep on trucking!

Best wishes mate!