just diagnosed with gestational diabetes

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there
welcome to the forum :)

perhaps you could tell us what sort of regime you are on to help advise some things you could eat that will affect blood glucose the least.

i am also tagging @azure and @Mrsass as my pregnancy experts for some support:)

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello, its all so overwhelming :( I am so scared to eat and am so hungry all the time

Have you checked out the Gestational Diabetes forum here? I'm going to move your post there for you.

Don't be afraid to eat - both you and baby need good, healthy food. Have you been given advice about diet?

I have Type 1 not GD but I understand that most ladies with GD are referred to a dietician and given help with their diet. Have you been referred to a dietician yet? Is your midwife helping you too?

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Have you checked out the Gestational Diabetes forum here? I'm going to move your post there for you.

Don't be afraid to eat - both you and baby need good, healthy food. Have you been given advice about diet?

I have Type 1 not GD but I understand that most ladies with GD are referred to a dietician and given help with their diet. Have you been referred to a dietician yet? Is your midwife helping you too?
It's only since yesterday that I know but I have an appointment for.next Tuesday for a dietitian
My reading spiked after lunch and.that made me.upset but after the dinner I.had tonight I'm at an ok level so I hope I can figure out a bit before I.see the dietitian next week
Thanks so much for the reply x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you have time, keep a record of what you eat and your blood sugar levels. That will be helpful for you, and for the dietician too as they'll be able to see how your body is reacting.

Although GD can be a worry, remember that it's very good that it's been spotted, and that you'll get extra checks during your pregnancy. I found the extra care very reassuring, and I hope you will too :)

Type of diabetes
Gestational
If you have time, keep a record of what you eat and your blood sugar levels. That will be helpful for you, and for the dietician too as they'll be able to see how your body is reacting.

Although GD can be a worry, remember that it's very good that it's been spotted, and that you'll get extra checks during your pregnancy. I found the extra care very reassuring, and I hope you will too :)
I started a diary for food! :) I think I panicked a bit and got really down

Thanks so much for the replies it's really helped allot

Reactions: 4 people

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
People who are cruel to people or animals.
Hi I had gd when I had my first child & went on to have 2 more, all of them under 8lb in weight, act on advice but try not to panic.The other thing I would say is to ensure that your blood sugar levels are monitored after the baby arrives to ensure that they return to normal & try to ensure future pregnancies are planned & that you have had medical advice prior to conception.