Just had my first month review with Doc

Discopants9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Had a review with the Doc today after being told I have T2 a month ago, he is really pleased with what I have achieved in just over 4 weeks, lost nearly 1 and half stone which puts me in the overweight category now and not obese, lose the same again and I should be in the normal weight range, my blood 3 months ago was 51 and I now have that well under control with self testing and also using the Libre, just need to bring BP down slightly more. Came away really pleased with myself and actually the Doc seemed more excited/chuffed than I was :)
He thinks if I can keep this up for my next review with Bloods he believes I may actually have reversed it so fingers crossed and it has given me a massive boost to continue with the low carbs, exercise and plenty of water, still on 4 metaformain a day which he wants me to continue with at the moment.
Big thanks to everyone on this site as have read and received a lot of very good advice and has helped massively in getting my head round T2, have the odd few days when I do think can I continue this but it soon goes away

Reactions: pleinster

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done and great that your doctor is on board with what you are doing. We all need to be telling health professionals how we are controlling our diabetes or even reversing it!

Reactions: Discopants9

Discopants9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done and great that your doctor is on board with what you are doing. We all need to be telling health professionals how we are controlling our diabetes or even reversing it!
Makes such a difference having the encouragement from your GP, lucky to have him as he always takes time seeing people which does translate to your appointment is never on time but most people understand this and joke about it when you are waiting 30/40 mins :)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow - that doctor is a keeper.
I was diagnosed over ten months ago, no input from the doctor since then.

Reactions: Discopants9

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
All doctors are happy when people with Type2 (and a high BMI) lose weight, the disagreement is over how to lose weight and how to control BG when not losing weight.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Excellent! Did your doctor ask how you did it?