JUST JOINED WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES

frsufi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone, Sufi here just joined , diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently. I have developed diabetes retinopathy on my left eye as well . have anyone got the similar symptoms or any idea please drop some words in. Many thanks.

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @frsufi - and Welcome to the Forum :). I will tag @daisy1 who will provide you with some basic information that all new members receive on joining the Forum.

Reactions: frsufi

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello - lots of good advice on here. It takes a bit of time to find your way around but don't worry if you post something in the wrong place cos the moderators can sort it out!

Reactions: frsufi and AM1874

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Welcome to the forums @frsufi

Did your doctor tell you you have 'background retinopathy'?

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi Everyone, Sufi here just joined , diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently. I have developed diabetes retinopathy on my left eyes as well . have any got the similar symptoms or any idea please drop some words in. Many thanks.
Hi @frsufi .. and welcome
I'm new here (diagnosed T2 Feb 17th) and I don't know enough about diabetes (yet) to be able to comment on your retinopathy. What I can say, though, is that you have joined an extremely welcoming, informative and friendly forum .. so, ask your questions and you can be confident that you will get the answers that you need ..

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Your avatar shows you being fairly slim? If you don't have excess weight then be aware that it's possible you have T1 and not T2 - a common error. There are two tests for T1, so ask for these to be done if you are slim and make sure you have a meter.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi my brother also type 2 and just diagnosed in December 2016 my brother lost his sight due to diabetes the key is to sort it out sooner rather than later to get any benefit out of the treatment s go your doctors and ask to be referd to an eye clinic in your local hospital they will then advise you on the steps to take next and what they can do to help you

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@frsufi - It can be reversed. You need to get tight control of your Blood Sugars and watch what you are eating.
In 2013 I had my 13th Retinal Screening and I received a letter shortly afterwards saying I had "Background Retinopathy".
I went to see my GP and he pointed out to me to loose some weight, tighten control and watch my diet. I did as he instructed and my next (14th) Retinal Screening was 'normal' and continues to be.

Diabetic Retinopathy:
People with Diabetes can be at risk of developing this especially if their Blood glucose levels are high over a long period of time. The effect of Diabetic Retinopathy can be serious and include reduced vision and sudden loss of sight.
Tiny blood vessels in the retina become damaged. Little blisters can developed on these blood vessels and can burst and bleed into the retina.
That's why it is important to have a yearly Retinal Screening where photographs are taken of the eyes and any changes and/or damage will be picked up.

Last edited:

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
Hi Everyone, Sufi here just joined , diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently. I have developed diabetes retinopathy on my left eye as well . have anyone got the similar symptoms or any idea please drop some words in. Many thanks.
Hello and welcome. :)

frsufi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kez, I was diagnosed with type 2 in January 2017. My GP said I might have got the diabetes
for long time as I never got it checked before.
I can see you had type 1 diabetes first then you got type 2. My point is how would I know if I have both type1 and type 2 at the same time? Do I have to do another blood test for Type 1 as well ?
I am on Metformin 500mg thrice a day as prescribed by GP.
Any Idea.. Thanks...

Reactions: Freema