Just my luck

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my yearly blood test tomorrow. Unfortunately I have caught a virus from my 21 month old grandson which has knocked me for six and I haven't been out of the house for four days. Obviously bloods running a bit high so I dread to think what the result will be. Also there is a new DN at the surgery so hopefully she won't come out with the usual rubbish advice. Nod, smile and leave.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good luck Carol let us know when you get the results x

Reactions: zand

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my yearly blood test tomorrow. Unfortunately I have caught a virus from my 21 month old grandson which has knocked me for six and I haven't been out of the house for four days. Obviously bloods running a bit high so I dread to think what the result will be. Also there is a new DN at the surgery so hopefully she won't come out with the usual rubbish advice. Nod, smile and leave.

As the HbA1c averages over 2 to 3 months previously, I doubt the higher levels due to the virus will have any effect. No need to worry. I hope you feel better soon, and good luck with your new nurse.

Reactions: 13lizanne

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been asked about my general health by all those taking blood tests - if I remember correctly - but if you are not asked, just mention it so it can - hopefully - be taken into consideration when assessing the results.

Reactions: 13lizanne