Just removed ny libra

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jist removed my libra sensor and it has left my arm like this... is thay common or do you think i am allergic to the plaster thing?
b21971983f92f7daad74ae552ec6dbe6.jpg

D

Deleted member 308541

Jist removed my libra sensor and it has left my arm like this... is thay common or do you think i am allergic to the plaster thing?
Other posters have mentioned a similar reaction with the adhesive.

I get dermatitis from certain surgical dressings as well, even the allergy free ones give me problems.

Reactions: Soapybubs87

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Other posters have mentioned a similar reaction with the adhesive.

I get dermatitis from certain surgical dressings as well, even the allergy free ones give me problems.
Other than normal plasters which i havent worn in years! Ive never had to use anythin like that, i know when mum had her illiostomy she had a reaction to the adhersive look like i habe a hicky on my arm haha

Reactions: himtoo

5uzie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine bruised a little as it was so super sticky still! I’m not allergic to that so just wondering if it is itchy? Or did you have any issues while you wore it?

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine bruised a little as it was so super sticky still! I’m not allergic to that so just wondering if it is itchy? Or did you have any issues while you wore it?
Not reall it felt a bit itchy when i first put it on but it was the first time i used it and thoight it may be from just firing a foreign object in to my skin

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Soapybubs87 I get bumpy redness on one side when I remove it, but on closer inspection (of mine, that is - I can't really tell from your pic) it is tiny little broken blood vessels from wrestling it off my arm. Golly me those things don't half STICK! By the next day my arm is usually fine - the red spottiness is gone.

I react to the adhesive on my pump cannulas, but fortunately I don't react to the Libre adhesive (yet....!). For the cannulas I use Cavilon barrier spray on the relevant area of skin before I apply them.

If you have trouble removing the glue residue (or resiglue, as I call it!) I can recommend Bio-Oil trickled onto a flannel and then rubbed firmly over the resiglue. That not only dissolves the adhesive but calms the skin down too!

:)

D

Deleted member 308541

Other than normal plasters which i havent worn in years! Ive never had to use anythin like that, i know when mum had her illiostomy she had a reaction to the adhersive look like i habe a hicky on my arm haha
This pix shows my ankle with dermatitis after twelve hours with a Pico vacuum pump stuck on it. I ripped it off because of the itching from the dermatitis was driving me crazy.

Be aware I have posted just the link to the pix, as it may upset certain people as it is a bit gory looking.

https://i.imgur.com/ZYzVIuA.jpg

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This pix shows my ankle with dermatitis after twelve hours with a Pico vacuum pump stuck on it. I ripped it off because of the itching from the dermatitis was driving me crazy.

Be aware I have posted just the link to the pix, as it may upset certain people as it is a bit gory looking.

https://i.imgur.com/ZYzVIuA.jpg
Oh bless you!! Looks sore that hun! Hope it has gotten better since

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Soapybubs87 I get bumpy redness on one side when I remove it, but on closer inspection (of mine, that is - I can't really tell from your pic) it is tiny little broken blood vessels from wrestling it off my arm. Golly me those things don't half STICK! By the next day my arm is usually fine - the red spottiness is gone.

I react to the adhesive on my pump cannulas, but fortunately I don't react to the Libre adhesive (yet....!). For the cannulas I use Cavilon barrier spray on the relevant area of skin before I apply them.

If you have trouble removing the glue residue (or resiglue, as I call it!) I can recommend Bio-Oil trickled onto a flannel and then rubbed firmly over the resiglue. That not only dissolves the adhesive but calms the skin down too!

:)
Thank you lovely x

D

Deleted Account

How did you remove it?
I always remove my Dexcom sensor in the shower to make sure the stickiness gets as wet as possible and take it off slowly rather than ripping it off.

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did you remove it?
I always remove my Dexcom sensor in the shower to make sure the stickiness gets as wet as possible and take it off slowly rather than ripping it off.
Erm i kind of push the sticky stuff towards the sensor and then got it loose and peeled it off

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hey @Soapybubs87

that pic looks a lot like my usual sites post libre -- have not yet figured out how to lessen the overall reaction.

hope the libre has helped with patterns though ?? xxxx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Soapybubs87

My arm looked just like that, once. But never before or since. I did speculate that maybe i had trapped some soap residue under the glue that one occasion. But it was a guess.

Was that your first sensor? If so, i would be careful when you use another. Any sign of more itching, and i would remove it asap. The last thing you want is a worsening reaction - if it is the glue you are reacting to.

@Tipetoo that ankle wound looks really nasty! Glad it healed up OK!

D

Deleted member 308541

It took a while to heal up, it was a matter of clearing up and stopping the dermatitis from weeping leg juice into the wound. Once it dried out, the hole filled in over a period of time using dry dressings.

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey @Soapybubs87

that pic looks a lot like my usual sites post libre -- have not yet figured out how to lessen the overall reaction.

hope the libre has helped with patterns though ?? xxxx
Yes it did, im saving my other one for when i do my dafne course in jan, i asked about the libre on nhs and they said they jisy got the paperwork through that week (last week) so once they have figured out audits ext they will lwt me know

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Soapybubs87

My arm looked just like that, once. But never before or since. I did speculate that maybe i had trapped some soap residue under the glue that one occasion. But it was a guess.

Was that your first sensor? If so, i would be careful when you use another. Any sign of more itching, and i would remove it asap. The last thing you want is a worsening reaction - if it is the glue you are reacting to.

Yes it was the first time i had used it going to hold off with the next one for a few weeks (mainly as mu xmas do is cominv up and i dont want a big blob on mh arm in my posh dress

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keep an eye on it. Plenty of people have experienced reactions to the libre adhesive, if this is your first sensor that may be the case. If you have used the libre in the past without this happening, it may just be bad luck.

D

Deleted Account

Erm i kind of push the sticky stuff towards the sensor and then got it loose and peeled it off
My point is that it is less likely to react to your skin if you take it off slowly when the stickiness is very wet such as in the shower.
This is the kind of advice physios provide when they strap up your leg or shoulder.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My point is that it is less likely to react to your skin if you take it off slowly when the stickiness is very wet such as in the shower.
This is the kind of advice physios provide when they strap up your leg or shoulder.

Yes, always soak mine in the shower before peeling off. This after I had taken one off early that wasn’t working and it pulled my skin off.