Keto?

Hotpepper20000

My A1C has been 5.9 for the last 6 months. Brought that down from 10.9 a year ago.I would like to be down to low 5's high 4's. I fast from 7pm to about 11-12 the next moring I am eating low carb high fat but not Keto.
I lave lost 50 pounds and need to lose another 40. And seemed to have stalled.
My question is, do I need to be in keto in order to bring my numbers down?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When combined with some more extended fasting it seems to have got me through my stall. Less than 20g of carbs per day. I now try to eat only once per day or have even done fasts up to 7 days. I think 3-4 days are the most effective for me. Might be something to consider if you find the intermittent fasting easy.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I do believe that small adjustments can have a big effect.
And getting your balance right that suits you, on anything you are trying to achieve is crucial in getting your body to lose more weight.
I have stalled at twelve stone, and despite eating very little and doing more, it just won't go! I'm sure that I will keep trying, but my body is happy at that level.
Intermittent fasting and low carb does really work, it's just tweaking it to suit you is the key!

Hotpepper20000

Thank you @bulkbiker and @Lamont D.
Funny thing with all this I think it's the vegtables that are keeping me over my personal limit.
I have always loved them and it's a struggle to cut back.
Well it's a marathon not a race.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you @bulkbiker and @Lamont D.
Funny thing with all this I think it's the vegtables that are keeping me over my personal limit.
I have always loved them and it's a struggle to cut back.
Well it's a marathon not a race.

If it's vegetables, then it's possible it could be portion size.
What sort of veg are you having?

Hotpepper20000

Green beans,Lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, peppers and avocado.
I don't eat a lot of peppers and onion.
And berries with cream a few times a week when mr Hotpepper has ice cream.

Reactions: Ultramum

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My A1C has been 5.9 for the last 6 months. Brought that down from 10.9 a year ago.I would like to be down to low 5's high 4's. I fast from 7pm to about 11-12 the next moring I am eating low carb high fat but not Keto.
I lave lost 50 pounds and need to lose another 40. And seemed to have stalled.
My question is, do I need to be in keto in order to bring my numbers down?

what an amazing progress you have done... I have stalled too, I think it gets harder the closer you are to your ideal weight... maybe this is quite normal I don´t really know but keep on the fine work you are doing... I don´t know but think Ketosis helps weight loss very much.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Green beans,Lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, peppers and avocado.
I don't eat a lot of peppers and onion.
And berries with cream a few times a week when mr Hotpepper has ice cream.
Hopefully, not all at once!
They sound good to me!

Hotpepper20000

what an amazing progress you have done... I have stalled too, I think it gets harder the closer you are to your ideal weight... maybe this is quite normal I don´t really know but keep on the fine work you are doing... I don´t know but think Ketosis helps weight loss very much.
Thank you. I have to concentrate on my success and try not to get down about stalling.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dairy , all dairy and saturated fat as well as too many nuts stall me. They also ALL make me insulin resistant. I LOVE my veggies but hav eto portion control. Literally anything above 20 c per DAY stall weight, including salad. They also can bloat me and if my tummy isn't happy I don't sleep.

I eat veg all day long but in small amounts. .

Reactions: Lamont D

Hotpepper20000

Dairy , all dairy and saturated fat as well as too many nuts stall me. They also ALL make me insulin resistant. I LOVE my veggies but hav eto portion control. Literally anything above 20 c per DAY stall weight, including salad. They also can bloat me and if my tummy isn't happy I don't sleep.

I eat veg all day long but in small amounts. .
I don't eat a lot of nuts. Some in the odd home made low carb baking and a few almonds now and then.

I'm still over weight but my BGL is usally pretty good. So I will tweet my veggie intake and perhaps increase fasting periods.