latest Check up with nurse

Voodoorising

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all hope were all doing well, Yesterday was my check up with my nurse, so this one takes into account anny naughtiness that may have occured over xmas although I have been pretty good on the whole.

Anyway cutting to the chase my Blood's are now down to hba1c 39 which I am made up about, Cholesterol is 4.3.

My Diabetic journey although a short one started in September 16 when I was diagnosed after being ill for 4 months with Kidney infection and 3 Kidney stones with which I had to be operated on to remove them, it was then after loads of blood tests they informed me I was Type 2. My bloods at diagnosis were 58, my First visit to the nurse after being told and being put on 2x 500mg metformin a day and following a LCHF diet came down to 41, now my second visit yesterday and I am down to 39.

I discused comming of the tablets, she said yes I can or cut it to one a day and see how I go, but I have decided to stay on them till my next Visit and if its still low then I will ween my self of them and do it by diet, To be honest I really thought I would struggle with diet at first as I was a realy big Pasta and rice monster, I do miss them and sometimes have brown rice and whole meal pasta but I have found my diet allot nicer and healthier with a greater variation of foods I probably wouldnt have dabbled with, I guess some good has come from being diagnosed. I feel great more energy sleep better no longer get Head aches and migranes no longer get sudden unexplained bouts of diarrhoea, so for now things are good.

I thought I would post this as it might act as some encouragment for those newly diagnosed and for those struggling or struggling to come to terms with our wonderfull condition.

Paul

Last edited:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @Voodoorising those are good bs and cholesterol figures. :)
(But they wouldn't have included any overindulgence during the Xmas/New Year period as HbA1c blood test only measures blood sugars over the last 8-12 weeks).

Reactions: Voodoorising

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done Paul. I have been on four Metformin per day since diagnosis and at this week's appointment with the DN there was no mention of lowering the dose, my numbers are a lot higher than yours so I guess I need a bit longer before I can look to asking for met to be reduced. I hope to have the same choice that you have achieved soon.

Voodoorising

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Guzzler sorry for a late reply, I hope you get your numbers low enough so you get the option. I didn't realise how bad being diabetic could be in extreme circumstances. I have read and watch some programs that have scared me to be honest and I don't want any of those complications.

That's what's driven me. I know what ever happens I will always be diabetic which is a bummer but on the plus side since being diagnosed in Sept16 and getting my act together I feel the best I have for many years. I put allot of my tiredness down to doing shift work etc but I now know it's not the case.

Good luck

Paul

Reactions: Prem51