Latest HbA1c........

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
I had my 2nd HbA1c since diagnosis on Tuesday and had an appointment with the GP today to go through the results.

Long story short, it's now 38mmol/mol, so in 6 months I've brought it down by 20mmol/mol and I'm now in the non-diabetic range. I want to say a massive thank you to everyone on the forum for all of the advice, help and encouragement. Thank you all :)

I haven't taken statins since my last HbA1c but I don't know if this has helped reduce my levels, and the GP has today halved my Metformin dose.

I am apparently the best controlled Type 2 at the surgery (GPs words, not mine!) but surprisingly the GP wasn't particularly interested in how I've achieved this. I've been booked in for a review with the DSN at 5:00 this afternoon, I suspect she'll be equally uninterested as she ticks her boxes.....

Reactions: 13 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Congratulations! Good work.

Are you going to mention that you didn't eat their stupid healthy plate? :jimlad:

Reactions: 4 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Congratulations! Good work.

Are you going to mention that you didn't eat their stupid healthy plate? :jimlad:

Thanks Avocado :)

Well the GP said that we'll have another GP review in 6 months to see if I'm still diabetic(!!!!) and depending on the results they may not need to continue with dietary advice (I very nearly burst out laughing), I chose this moment to tell him that A) In my uneducated opinion, I'll always be diabetic and B) I had ignored the dietary advice so far. The look on his face was priceless :)

Reactions: 14 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent job - and always great to have confirmation that your leap of faith has paid off. Well done you!

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well done. I must be quite lucky in that my DN just said to do whatever I was doing as it was shifting the weight and the GP is a low carber himself. Get my results next week in theory so hoping it has lowered.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I had my 2nd HbA1c since diagnosis on Tuesday and had an appointment with the GP today to go through the results.

Long story short, it's now 38mmol/mol, so in 6 months I've brought it down by 20mmol/mol and I'm now in the non-diabetic range. I want to say a massive thank you to everyone on the forum for all of the advice, help and encouragement. Thank you all :)

I haven't taken statins since my last HbA1c but I don't know if this has helped reduce my levels, and the GP has today halved my Metformin dose.

I am apparently the best controlled Type 2 at the surgery (GPs words, not mine!) but surprisingly the GP wasn't particularly interested in how I've achieved this. I've been booked in for a review with the DSN at 5:00 this afternoon, I suspect she'll be equally uninterested as she ticks her boxes.....

Did we get an update on the DSN at 5pm appointment? How did that go? (I'm nosey)

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks everyone for all the comments, I'm constantly amazed by what a good place this is, and what great people there are here :)

Did we get an update on the DSN at 5pm appointment? How did that go? (I'm nosey)

Haha sorry for the delay, I've had an insanely busy few days!!
I seem to have done my DSN a disservice, she was in fact extremely interested in how I had got such good results so quickly, and as it turns out she low carbs herself. I did question that while I'm sure low carbing isn't for everyone, why isn't it offered as alternative dietary advice, I was told (this is brilliant) that the NHS needs evidence before being able to offer this as dietary advice!! I asked what I, and thousands of other T2s were, if we weren't evidence, I was told to get on the scales!! She did smirk and shake her head when I said that I had been constantly testing, I pointed out that there is absolutely no other way of knowing how food effects my BG, including the food on the NHS healthy plate, which she didn't really comment on, but the smirk disappeared!
All in all a positive DSN appointment, although the inability of the NHS, even at 'grass roots level', to identify that diabetes isn't the same for everyone, therefore the treatment and care shouldn't be the same for everyone, is absolutely staggering.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Fantastic, well done! I expect some upbeat sax tunes now!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fantastic, well done! I expect some upbeat sax tunes now!

Thank you :)

I've got some way to go yet before I get anything close to a tune, upbeat or otherwise!!