Lchf after a gallbladder removal

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Des anyone heresuccessfully eat Lchf and not have agallbladder?

I had been doing Lchf for two years with great results, diabetes reversed, weight lost, but currently sitting with a drain in my side from my gallbladder awaiting it's removal in March. I've had to go back to carbs as I have to do very low fat as no bile is getting through to my digestive system at all currently.

I want to be reassured that after the op I can go back to Lchf, as I hate this feeling of constantly being hungry!!!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello I had my gall bladder removed about 10 years ago and happily follow a low carb diet. I think you will find that once you have healed you will be fine. I was like you before the operation having to follow a very low fat diet.

C

chris lowe

Had my gallbladder out nearly 4 years ago & gone back to lchf with no problems. Hope the op goes well for you, however word of caution, I felt so well afterwards that it was easy to forget that I shouldn't be doing things,

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's reassuring! I'm enjoying the fact I can eat things that were off limits, but hate feeling hungry! Since hubby is looking after me he's liking being able to buy stuff he can chuck in the oven for a change!!!

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no gall bladder and do LCHF no problems at all.

S

Shar67

Your liver makes bile and panc enzymes to absorb fat, you can low carb high protien while waiting on op.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eating fat with gallstones leads to great pain in stomach.

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your liver makes bile and panc enzymes to absorb fat, you can low carb high protien while waiting on op.

My gallbladder is completely blocked, no bile is getting out, it's all coming into a drain attached to my gallbladder and then into a lovely bag attached to me!!! Hence why I need to low fat until the remove the gallbladder and the bile starts to get back into my system.

S

Shar67

My gallbladder is completely blocked, no bile is getting out, it's all coming into a drain attached to my gallbladder and then into a lovely bag attached to me!!! Hence why I need to low fat until the remove the gallbladder and the bile starts to get back into my system.

Liver bile doesnt go through gall bladder it goes into common bile duct which connects panc, liver and gall bladder.
I dont have a whole panc or gall bladder but I still have bile reflux. Pain from liver bile duct is lower down under right rib.
You can still eat protein foods

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Add me to the no gall bladder & LCHF... club!

JayCee10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm no gallbladder but didn't and still don't follow a Low fat diet. Gallbladder removed 2010. Have periods of stomach pains followed by a rush to the loo, not nice. Worse thing, just home from hospital after 3 days spell because I thought I was having a heart attack due to the severe chest pains so similar to the pain endured whilst gallstones stuck in bile duct and after 4 ERCP they were all removed. Guess what, after 6 years no heart attack but at least 1 gallstone found during the stomach scan. Next step is blood test, MRI then another ERCP. All this for not following a low fat diet as advised. If anyone knows a good LF plan to follow for someone with a sweet tooth I'd be interested to hear.