LCHF Tummy is this normal?

diabeticnewby

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Im gonna keep this simple.

So i have dramatically reduced my carbs intake. Im eating a lot of cold cooked meats, salads, veg.

Im on victoza and also metformin sr. I was on insulin levimir fir only 3 days back in May ? From drs . Now under hospital diabetic team.

This week ive noticed a difference in my sugars still higher in morning, but throughout day lower between 7 and 9.

But one thing is im getting more trouble with diarrhoea? Is this normal ? Is it bevause ive reduced my carbs more.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Im gonna keep this simple.

So i have dramatically reduced my carbs intake. Im eating a lot of cold cooked meats, salads, veg.

Im on victoza and also metformin sr. I was on insulin levimir fir only 3 days back in May ? From drs . Now under hospital diabetic team.

This week ive noticed a difference in my sugars still higher in morning, but throughout day lower between 7 and 9.

But one thing is im getting more trouble with diarrhoea? Is this normal ? Is it bevause ive reduced my carbs more.

Hi there. I you have decreased your carb intake a lot, do you eat a lot of fat, or many nuts?

I went through a brief period, when I was trying to stop weight loss, so was increasing protein and fats, when my movements were looser than I cared for, as well as a particularly rancid aroma. Sorry, probably TMI, but it was important in me working it out. The only things I had done was to increase my nut consumption. I hadn't increased my frank fats, only the additional fat in the nuts.

I was overseas at the time, so not in easy contact with my UK medics, but when I consulted with DrGoogle the likely cause of the issue was steatorrhoea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steatorrhea). I trimmed back my intake of nuts and it went away.

When I next saw my Doc, I mentioned what had transpired and we agreed I had probably just crossed the level of fat my body could cope with. It hasn't returned.

I'm not tying to diagnose you; just share my experience.

Good luck sorting your issue out.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find my low carb diet does the opposite to diarrhoea! :grumpy::eek::arghh: