LCHF vs Vegan

dazzeur

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just curious people opinions on LCHF vs Vegan Diet.
I watched a Ted Talk this morning about diet -
- and he talks about how we are better suited to be vegans, in terms of managing and reducing diabetes. Has anyone tried this? Anything to share about it?
I am unsure I can actually be a full on vegan, but I can try get closer.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Be really careful with Dr Barnard. You'll find there are a lot of removed search entries that have been handled under the European Data Protection Act. That's always an interesting. He's also the founder of the PCRM, the Physicians Collective for Responsible Medicine. This has some interesting links with PETA and suggests that the vegan philosophy they espouse is more related to animal treatment than health necessarily, ostensibly matching one set of results to meet a different set of requirements.

Some of the "evidence" that he has used in past books and films has also been strongly questionable.

The approach is similar to MangoMan, so by all means watch, but be aware that there are undercurrents.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Completely agree with @tim2000s above. There are a few doctors who advocate the vegan agenda but they seem to show little if any proof of what they "preach" and I use that word advisedly. There are of course vegetarian and vegan forum members who do fine with their ways of eating but a lot of them ate that way before diagnosis so I'm guessing a cure it's not.