Lemon Water

gkyeo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has any healthy minded person experienced the effects of lemon water on pre-dawn phenomena. I have started and found that it can reduce my morning BSL by 2-3 points. ie. from 7.5 to 4.5. It went as low as 2.4 once, without the general side effects of hypos. Have since reduced my morning basal dose but your have to have the drink to have it work.

Reactions: SHmano

SHmano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It really is a good sign. How do you do it. When do you take it?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Has any healthy minded person experienced the effects of lemon water on pre-dawn phenomena. I have started and found that it can reduce my morning BSL by 2-3 points. ie. from 7.5 to 4.5. It went as low as 2.4 once, without the general side effects of hypos. Have since reduced my morning basal dose but your have to have the drink to have it work.
@gkyeo i have half a fresh lemon in water everyday for last couple of months,it's my first drink of the day for gout problems,not really been able to monitor my levels has I've had a few illness in last month got bronchitis at the moment so BG all over the place. But when I'm well I will keep an eye on things and see,I had gotten into the 5s before all this kicked off but usually with a higher readings in the morning, but I fast from evening meal until lunchtime following day everyday but I'm type 2 and can do this. It helps with BG and weight control, but you would probably be better if type1s where to let you know their readings? K