Libre and sport

Rich1889

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Been using libre for a while now and it has been excellent with regards to sport!

Seem to be changing it every other Wednesday at the moment when it has fallen off after playing five aside football :( only play on alternate weeks but this week we have an extra game.

I normally stick on with OpSite which seems to do the job for other sports that I play however with five aside it doesn't seem to make any difference. After an intense hour playing indoor sports it is pretty normal to be sweaty and it seems to always lift my libre off. Has anyone any ideas of how I can keep this in place so it doesn't become £50 a week rather than every other week! Expensive enough as it is.

Have tried wearing armbands and fully taping but this just induces the sweat as my arm gets warmer!

Thanks

Poosecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use skintac wipes (found on amazon - pricey though) and then put a film on top. This lasts the whole two weeks including swimming and hockey.
fcb8e3fe9c2d0a574c4ab348042368c4.jpg
2cff092e91636c592b8ec91670eefebd.jpg
77e18e752075928a2aef98933b094a67.jpg

Reactions: Books1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use rocktape and play 5 aside 1once a week and swim with kids etc. I change the tape every 6-7days and had no problems at all.

beaae79a0af3577aeb83ec83b73ecc5c.jpg
5892a676de6d5300eee37ba34cc86fca.jpg

Hope this helps

Rich1889

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great thanks, looks pretty well held in place! Annoying it's more cost but better than it falling off! Thanks

PhilJMO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Great thanks, looks pretty well held in place! Annoying it's more cost but better than it falling off! Thanks

I know Abbot will net recommend this, but truly it works. I don't use the freestyle Libre on my arm as I run and it just comes off with sweat. Rather I use upper sacral area just inside my hip. Its is also under your underpants which holds it in place. Seems to be just as accurate as using the arm, but as Abbot will tell you, there is no study to confirm this

Type of diabetes
Type 1
anyone had experience with it in hot yoga? 40 degrees for 1.5 and with perspiration all over.

Haven't had experience with yoga but playing any sport in hot weather (30 degrees +) seems to result in mine falling off. I've been using rock tape however I find even the tape can start to peel off sometimes if I have a super sweaty workout. Hope this helps!