Libre sensor

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I hoping to get a libre sensor soon. Does it make things easier?
Deffinately... Being able to see trends.... Catch lows before actual hypos....being able to scan multiple times a day.... Blood shrugs never been better! So much so I actually invested in the Miaomiao which is a transmitter that can essentially send your readings continuously to a smart phone or watch essentially turning it into a CGM where you can set alarms for lows/highs.... Total game hanger for me

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes & no..

I'll elabourate. It is a great tool.
But to draw an analogy of a CCTV set up in/around your home? You may start to notice weird "happenings" with BGs whilst you are "out?"

Of course it's easier to review BG trends scanned than trawl through camera footage. But it will help you understand the inbetween finger pricks..

Give it a go @Libby66 , they help. :)

Libby66

Deffinately... Being able to see trends.... Catch lows before actual hypos....being able to scan multiple times a day.... Blood shrugs never been better! So much so I actually invested in the Miaomiao which is a transmitter that can essentially send your readings continuously to a smart phone or watch essentially turning it into a CGM where you can set alarms for lows/highs.... Total game hanger for me
Hi thank you for the reply. I have just been on a course so I can have one. My friend has got a miaomiao one. ☺

Libby66

Yes & no..

I'll elabourate. It is a great tool.
But to draw an analogy of a CCTV set up in/around your home? You may start to notice weird "happenings" with BGs whilst you are "out?"

Of course it's easier to review BG trends scanned than trawl through camera footage. But it will help you understand the inbetween finger pricks..

Give it a go @Libby66 , they help. :)
Hi thank you for your reply. I'm certainly going to get one.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Definitely makes things easier, before Libre hb1Ac was 98 post Libre 52
However a word of caution be careful of information overload. It’s so easy to take multiple Bgs don’t try and react to them or you will have no time for a cup of coffee...lol
I have the app for my iPhone which is really handy means I can leave my scanner at home when I am out, less to carry ( haven’t progressed to a “ man bag” just yet )

Reactions: Antje77

Libby66

Definitely makes things easier, before Libre hb1Ac was 98 post Libre 52
However a word of caution be careful of information overload. It’s so easy to take multiple Bgs don’t try and react to them or you will have no time for a cup of coffee...lol
I have the app for my iPhone which is really handy means I can leave my scanner at home when I am out, less to carry ( haven’t progressed to a “ man bag” just yet )
Hi thank you for the advice ☺

english66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
See my post on another sub-forum re Libre.

Based on my experience it can be both somewhat good, and somewhat disappointing, and often well off piste.

It's a bit overhyped IMHO.

Emma ling

I’m T1D and i bought MiaoMiao1 about one month and I love it, I can’t live without it. Today i read the message from MiaoMiao that I can use miaomiao1 for US14 day sensor on my iphone. It’s so easy to install and setup tomato, now my miaomiao works very well.