Libre upload software

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm referring to the software that uploads from the scanner/reader to the LibreView web app.

Does anyone know if you can upload just a specific date range or does it just hoover up the lot on the reader regardless?

Thx

justadad

Hi,

I think it transfers into the application all data collected in the last 90 days. The application, however, will display information as per your settings, with ranges from 14 - 90 days, on 2 weeks intervals.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I think it transfers into the application all data collected in the last 90 days. The application, however, will display information as per your settings, with ranges from 14 - 90 days, on 2 weeks intervals.
Thanks for that. I'm quite familiar with LibreView, but I have had to use the reader with this current sensor and I know there are a few old readings on there, which should really be the same as my phone collected, but just thought if I could restrict the date range so much the better.

The 90 days stacks up with how the phone app works too.

justadad

but I have had to use the reader with this current sensor

Hey Barry,
Maybe I am a bit slow, and sorry if I am saying things you already know... if you try to upload from the reader, you will get data for the 90 days (overlapping with the data collected from your app), but also fresh data for the past two weeks of your current sensor. So in my view, you need not restrict the range, because the freshest biweekly graphs produced by the libreview will be representing only the data collected with the reader.
Cheers,

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just checked on the reader and it has data back in March when I had my trial with Libre from the clinic. The app on my phone however has 'pruned' the data down to 90 days.

The web server (LibreView) I am told keeps data indefinitely.

I think you're right, I'm over thinking it. The older data can't be any different anyway.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear. Here's a warning for you all.

I have been using the Libre Reader for the last 10 days. Previous to that I had used it infrequently mainly at Abbott Support's request to do comparisons. So there has been occasional values stored, hence my original question about importing a date range.

Well I got the Libre Reader upload software installed on Sunday and it worked smooth as you like. Uploaded all the reader stuff from day one of use, and WIPED THE REST! So now my LibreView shows massive gaps and just the last 10 days.

Abbott support are looking into it. Don't hold out much hope.

As a matter of interest, I also used the Diasend uploader and that did as you'd expect and 'merged' the data.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good news. A techy just called me back. He explained why the data couldn't be merged. If it were just BG (as with Diasend) it would be fine, but merging potential meals, insulin etc which may be different or refer to the same would be impossible. I can see the problem having been in IT all my working life.

Anyway, in the reports page, bottom left, there is a button "Available Meters". The reports run against just one of these at a time. So changing the focus to my phone and rerunning the reports brings it all back.

I do feel very happy now, and will be even more so when I go back to the app on Friday.

Reactions: himtoo