LibreView

SamJermy87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

I've been a fairly newly diagnosed type one diabetic in the scale of how type one goes. November last year at the age of 29.

From February I've been using the Freestyle Libre sensors as I yoyo pretty hard in the blood sugar department. It's been a condition and life changer!

One downside of using the Android app with NFC to scan is it didn't seem to keep the data beyond 90 days. Which as an analytical data nut such as myself, this was less than ideal.

Last week I discovered their LibreView platform on the web.

Logging in with the same Libre account when getting the app it's a portal with all my data going back to Feb. It's great.

I've seen a section to add my "practice ID" in which I assume is for the hospital. Going to get in touch with them to find out and add it if it is.

Has anyone else seen this or used it?

Also:
I see a lot of hate about the sensors falling off in the past (Facebook posts). I've never had this problem and I've used about 14 sensors so far. Only issue I had was once hitting a blood vessel and staining a shirt with blood.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got libreview stored on my phone and think It's really good. My local hospital hasn't registered yet so I don't share but I was sharing through Diasend - similar system but works with lots of different devices
F

Reactions: tircoed

SamJermy87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got libreview stored on my phone and think It's really good. My local hospital hasn't registered yet so I don't share but I was sharing through Diasend - similar system but works with lots of different devices
F
I hope they bring out an app, I'd prefer that to mobile web.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
One of my reservations about the Libre App was archiving the data. I finally figured out that it automatically uploaded to LibreView which is quite informative for helping you see what is happening, but also with a Diasend account it uploads to that too. Diasend seems quite widely used across the NHS and is an easy way tor the HCPs to see how you are doing. It is just BG though. None of the other stuff you put in.

The LibreView is not perfect either. All you can get is pretty (informative) graphs. You can't get anything other than BG exported. That's a shame. There's no search facility in the app, or the two management reporting systems either.

There's no perfect solution, that I have found anyway. What I'd like is something like MySugr for day to day, with database of foods, searchable to see what happened last tine you had a particular food, stats on daily carbs, exercise, etc. Then an ability to export all of that data purely for archive, or migrating to another system as tech changes. Seems to me we will be flushing it all away every time there is a change in tech.

That said, I never look at any of my old data, and I have spread sheets from day one of diabetes! I can tell you what I ate at any meal for the last 5 years!!! Never needed to though. Maybe I'm over thinking it. It's the result of being a nerd and working it IT for 30+ years I'm afraid.

Edit: mySugr does link with Libre now. As I read it, you can read with the LibreLink app, and it will populate the mySugr database, also uploading to LibreView and Diasend (if you install it)

Last edited: