Lidl Low GI Rolls

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We may be at cross purposes here but....

Low GI Roll 44.9% Carbs so a 87 gram roll contains 39 grams
Low GI Bread 36% Carbs

Yes, we were at cross purposes. I was under the impression we we were discussing low GI rolls although I've never seen them in Lidl. I do see the low GI loaves though.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had never seen the Low GI Rolls before either, that's why I started the thread.

Actually, the only low GI foods that don't raise my BG too much are also fairly low carb anyway so I am not sure that low GI is much use in itself. That's probably for a different thread and maybe a different forum.

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Yes, we were at cross purposes. I was under the impression we we were discussing low GI rolls although I've never seen them in Lidl. I do see the low GI loaves though.

Is it the lidl protein rolls you are speaking about?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it the lidl protein rolls you are speaking about?

No, apparently there are also some low GI rolls, but I've never seen any and from what has been said on this thread about carb content I wouldn't buy them anyway!
The High Protein rolls are low carb at 9.8%

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
No, apparently there are also some low GI rolls, but I've never seen any and from what has been said on this thread about carb content I wouldn't buy them anyway!
The High Protein rolls are low carb at 9.8%
Thank God for that had a panic there as I have 1 of these rolls most days.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This seems to happen every time a food comes up and someone asks how many carbs it has. People always differ in how many carbs it actually has

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank God for that had a panic there as I have 1 of these rolls most days.

These are the contents of the high protein rolls, although this information is fairly old now and may have changed.

Ingredients Water, 17 % Linseed, Wheat Protein, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour , 4 % Sesame, Soybean Meal, 3 % Sunflower seeds, Wheat Bran, Yeast , Oat Fiber, Salt, Coloring Spice Extracts (Curcuma), Thickener: Guar Gum.

Nutritional Information
Typical Values per 100g

Energy 289kcal/1203kJ
Fat 13.8g
Of which saturates 1.8g
Carbohydrate 9.8g
Of which sugars 1.2g
Fibre 12.3g
Protein 25.0g
Salt 1.03g

Reactions: Moosepig

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
These are the contents of the high protein rolls, although this information is fairly old now and may have changed.

Ingredients Water, 17 % Linseed, Wheat Protein, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour , 4 % Sesame, Soybean Meal, 3 % Sunflower seeds, Wheat Bran, Yeast , Oat Fiber, Salt, Coloring Spice Extracts (Curcuma), Thickener: Guar Gum.

Nutritional Information
Typical Values per 100g

Energy 289kcal/1203kJ
Fat 13.8g
Of which saturates 1.8g
Carbohydrate 9.8g
Of which sugars 1.2g
Fibre 12.3g
Protein 25.0g
Salt 1.03g
Thank you for the info

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bluetit, I think the nutrients you quote refer to the original larger size protein rolls? The ones I am buying now are almost half the size, so I wonder how many carbs are in them. 8g per 100g maybe?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bluetit, I think the nutrients you quote refer to the original larger size protein rolls? The ones I am buying now are almost half the size, so I wonder how many carbs are in them. 8g per 100g maybe?

9.8% carbs (9.8g carbs per 100g of roll) The 9.8 is a percentage and won't change whether you eat 1 or 6 rolls. You need to weigh one and see, then do the maths!.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Went to Lidl today to get my supply of their High Protein Rolls and noticed they had Low GI Rolls which I haven't seen before. Had one for lunch and unfortunately my BS was too high 2 hours later, pity as it was very tasty and a nice change from the High Protein ones - might try half a roll next time. I can't find any mention of them on the Lidl website let alone the carb content. Anybody tried them or have any information?

Got this from my local Lidl shop yesterday. Had a slice with my dinner, no rise of BG. Had another at 8.30pm same result. Today I had a slice with some soft cheese with my afternoon cuppa. BG before 5.6% two hours later still 5.6%.
IMG_0576.JPG

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem with low GI is that the glucose still ends up metabolised and in your system, just not as quickly so the spike is lower....

I prefer the low carb protein rolls for that reason.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Reactions: Ultramum

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon I eat 4 Lidl's rolls ner day spread over 12 hours it also contains Turmeric (Curcuma longa) might well be the healthiest spice on Earth. Here's a rundown of the health benefits of turmeric root powder..:)

95g
IMG_0787.JPG

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone know where in London Lidl sell these high protein rolls? I tried my local one with no luck today.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I asked them about something else and they were very helpful so hopefully you will find a source of the magic high protein rolls.

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This was the response I got from Lidl's customer services. The dream is over.

Re: Availability of High Protein Roll

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the above item.

Unfortunately this item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH