Lidl rolls at Penzance!

Jo123

We are going to a cottage at sennen cove for a week in June .
Do any kind forums members live in Cornwall and know if they stock protein rolls in Penzance lidl. If they do we could drop in and get some en route to our cottage.

Reactions: Ultramum

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I can't help with the Lidl rolls but I am very jealous of you spending a week in Sennen Cove. Gorgeous place!!

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are going to a cottage at sennen cove for a week in June .
Do any kind forums members live in Cornwall and know if they stock protein rolls in Penzance lidl. If they do we could drop in and get some en route to our cottage.

No idea but love Sennen Cove - my first husband's family ran the cafe there at one point - I can remember collecting the fresh crabs at Mousehole on the way there for the crab sandwiches

*jealous*

Reactions: Jo123

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh - memories of doing ecological checks on the local flora and fauna in the days of my youth - The Torrey Canyon oil spill and the wicked detergent used to try to disperse it, did so much damage. I was camping on the floor of a schoolroom and cooking in the kitchen in huge pots to feed all the volunteers.

Jo123

No idea but love Sennen Cove - my first husband's family ran the cafe there at one point - I can remember collecting the fresh crabs at Mousehole on the way there for the crab sandwiches

*jealous*
Oh wow, we rent a cottage just behind the cafe, what a small world!
I love Mousehole too, so pretty.

Jo123

Oh - memories of doing ecological checks on the local flora and fauna in the days of my youth - The Torrey Canyon oil spill and the wicked detergent used to try to disperse it, did so much damage. I was camping on the floor of a schoolroom and cooking in the kitchen in huge pots to feed all the volunteers.
That was horrendous, amazing how well the environment recovers.

Jo123

I think Lidl has just doubled the size of its store in Penzance so no worries.
Another Sennen Cove fan here.[/QUOT

On that sounds promising!

Amazing that you know sennen cove too, none of our friends or acquaintances have heard of it!!

Reddog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not sure about Lidl PZ but there are stores in Hayle & Redruth that do, failing that try Morrisons for Warburtons 'Protein bread', only 9grms per slice & taste 'Suprem'

Reactions: Ultramum and Jo123

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm ... people seem to be finding several alternatives to the famous Lidl roll ... are the food producers getting the message or are we just searching harder?

Reddog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bluetit----- 32 grams per 100 , not 32%??

A loaf is 400gr so no one is going to eat 1/4 of a loaf! eh

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bluetit----- 32 grams per 100 , not 32%??

A loaf is 400gr so no one is going to eat 1/4 of a loaf! eh

As @Mr_Pot said, 32g per 100g is the same as 32%. I find that is an easier way of judging the amount of carbs whatever portion size I eat. Basically, 32% of any chosen portion size is carbohydrate no matter how small or large the portion.