Lidl selling meters/lancets/strips

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to the local Lidl and they had a new range of health products, under the name Sanitas, and there was a blood glucose meter with 75 test strips for under 30 pounds.

As I was charged 32 pounds for 50 strips at the clinic I thought I'd get one of the Lidl ones and see what the replacement strips cost - but I can't as they are not on the website. Still, no rush.

Reactions: dbr10

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not sure my request went through, so I called them. I wont give the CS guys name but the penny dropped for him too!
He is not aware of any plans to stock test strips. The usual policy is to see how it goes, if there is sufficient take up and all that. I assured him that with no consumables, I for one would not purchase, and that those that do will be bringing them back for a refund just as soon as the strips have run out.

Lets see how nimble they are on their feet :)
He did suggest that there might be details on where to obtain test strips inside the package. I might open one tomorrow

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, there is a link to the sanitas website, for follow up purchases but the strips/lancets/test solution don't seem to be listed on it.
it is www.shop.sanitas-online.de

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Lidl.

No chance of any support.

Strictly a one off purchase.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They are dearer than the Codefree.

Codefree meter starter pack is £11.99
  • 1 x SD Codefree Blood Glucose Meter – stores up to 500 test results – we are offering two meter types – One reading inmmol/L and the other reading in mg/dL. You can select which meter type you want by selecting the meter from the drop down menu below.
  • 1 x Adaptable Lancing Device offering 10 different comfort settings
  • 10 x Blood Glucose Test Strips
  • 10 x Lancets
  • 1 x 3V Battery Type CR2032
  • 1 x Carrying Case
  • 1 x SD Check Strip…..Full instructions and a helpful Self Test Diary

Replacement strips £7.69 for 50 with generous discounts for bulk buys.

Reactions: jonbvn

SebMR3

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello, I am said CS staff member, that I'm pretty because I remember you commenting about the forum, anyway firstly allow me to express, ANY AND ALL COMMENTS AND VIEWS I EXPRESS WITHIN THIS FORUM ARE NOT THAT OF LIDL'S BUT SOLELY MY OPINION - I am back at home today and whilst I have been unable to find the link for it (at home at least), I have discovered how to purchase the strips direct from Sanitas, they are priced at 19.99€ for 75 strips, I have informed my senior colleagues about this and I believe the link is being added to the database should any other customers call regarding this, I do not recommend calling Lidl asap to get this link, I am back at work soon and thus I will be able to check if it has been added and I can also send the link to myself, at which point I will add it to this forum.

Kind regards.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
@SebMR3
my hat goes off to you for following up on your own behalf to assist people on this forum -- that is true customer service.:)

I know Lidl are not known for stocking follow up on most products other than core range food items as they are limited in space to stock items like some of the big UK brand markets.

I am totally impressed by your action on here !!!!!!!!!

Reactions: jonbvn and SebMR3

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow @SebMR3 If Lidl do customer service awards, you should be getting one. It was great talking to you 3 weeks ago, and thanks so much for coming onto this forum
#prideinthejob

Reactions: SebMR3

SebMR3

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I greatly appreciate the feedback :) but I do apologise I wasn't able to find out sooner as I was away from work for a large portion of the last 2 weeks :p, I was in again on Monday and I can confirm the link IS now on our staff updates file, so ALL staff should be aware of how to purchase them

@himtoo, it's not entirely a spacial issue, but as we bulk order product we're not able to get a steady supply, hence the promotions being twice a week and being limited stock, as soon as it sells through we are unable to acquire more, but most items are repeated every 3 to 6 months due to popularity and demand

@walnut_face not aware of any awards no haha, i enjoyed the chat too and I don't like being unable to solve a query :) :p

(ANY AND ALL COMMENTS AND VIEWS I EXPRESS WITHIN THIS FORUM ARE NOT THAT OF LIDL'S BUT SOLELY MY OPINION)

(I type that to cover my butt... just in case) :hungover:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I meant to post about the meter when I saw it, but forgit.

I thought that the box said something about SD Codefree strips but I may be wrong.

Don't know if they are still in stock.

SebMR3

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lidl stock promotional items normally for a maximum of 6weeks as the products change twice a week, they are repeated on frequency, this kind of line I would say 6months or yearly but can't say for sure

vsseym

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I bought this today. The instructions are shockingly bad.
I haven't been diagnosed with diabetes so never used one of these before.
I've worked out how to load the needle!! But it's not working. Just flashing saying I need to put blood sample on the strip.
There is also no test solution.

It's going back tomorrow!!

I went to the local Lidl and they had a new range of health products, under the name Sanitas, and there was a blood glucose meter with 75 test strips for under 30 pounds.

As I was charged 32 pounds for 50 strips at the clinic I thought I'd get one of the Lidl ones and see what the replacement strips cost - but I can't as they are not on the website. Still, no rush.
bought t

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Really? I had no trouble with the instructions - try turning the strip the other way up.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really? I had no trouble with the instructions - try turning the strip the other way up.
I am not sure why you are bothering with this as the SD Codefree and TEE2 meters and strips are cheaper and freely available?

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it not sucking the blood into the slot on the end of the strip? See the top of pg 17which shows where the blood should go.