Linda McCartney

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey guys is Linda McCartney veg sausages ok it says 6.9g of carbs per 2 sausages

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have no idea how big these are but that seems a bit high to me for a sausage but not crazy high. It really depends on how many carbs per day you want to eat and what your system can handle. I have not had any trouble finding 0 carb sausages but I am in Canada.

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh ok cool I will have a look at other alternatives

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat these. 7g of carbs for two grilled seems to be only a small amount of carbs to me unless you are going ultra low carb.

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat these. 7g of carbs for two grilled seems to be only a small amount of carbs to me unless you are going ultra low carb.

Ok cool, how are you doing low carb how many carbs do you aim for in each meal or through out the day and what snacks do you have.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok cool, how are you doing low carb how many carbs do you aim for in each meal or through out the day and what snacks do you have.
I don't count carbs, but try to be as low carb as possible.

During the week, for breakfast I have a one egg cheese omelette and for lunch I have a salad with mayonnaise. At the weekend I do intermittent fasting, so skip breakfast and just eat at lunchtime. I have cut out breakfast cereals, bread, rice, potatoes and pasta. I typically only eat berries for fruit, but do have double cream on my strawberries.

For snacks I eat nuts. Walnuts are good as they have lots of omega3. I also snack on babybel cheese. Occasionally I have a couple of squares of Lindt 90% dark chocolate. I did try the 100% Montezuma chocolate, but that is just too bitter.

I found that porridge raised my blood sugar to over 10, so I stopped eating that. Having a blood glucose meter is useful in finding which foods spike your blood sugar. On diagnosis my blood sugars were around 13, but by going low carb they are now around 5-6. I have recently stopped taking metformin as my last HbA1C was 44, down from 99 at diagnosis.

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't count carbs, but try to be as low carb as possible.

During the week, for breakfast I have a one egg cheese omelette and for lunch I have a salad with mayonnaise. At the weekend I do intermittent fasting, so skip breakfast and just eat at lunchtime. I have cut out breakfast cereals, bread, rice, potatoes and pasta. I typically only eat berries for fruit, but do have double cream on my strawberries.

For snacks I eat nuts. Walnuts are good as they have lots of omega3. I also snack on babybel cheese. Occasionally I have a couple of squares of Lindt 90% dark chocolate. I did try the 100% Montezuma chocolate, but that is just too bitter.

I found that porridge raised my blood sugar to over 10, so I stopped eating that. Having a blood glucose meter is useful in finding which foods spike your blood sugar. On diagnosis my blood sugars were around 13, but by going low carb they are now around 5-6. I have recently stopped taking metformin as my last HbA1C was 44, down from 99 at diagnosis.

Oh that's so good how you dropped it I don't know what my HbA1C is yet.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no idea how big these are but that seems a bit high to me for a sausage but not crazy high. It really depends on how many carbs per day you want to eat and what your system can handle. I have not had any trouble finding 0 carb sausages but I am in Canada.
LM sausages are vegetarian

ShyLily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not too many sausages to go for then...shame. Prawns are yummy you should try them...pan fried in garlic butter.. mmmm

I have tried many times before to try them just scared lol but I guess il have to broaden my horizons will try soon

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Heck sausages do a chicken sausage and also beef and pork sausages which are 98% meat and less than 3carbs per 2 sausages for the chicken variety