Treatment type
Diet only
@jingyd36
Thanks for posting your thyroid results. Your levels should be:-
TSH 0.4-4.5
TT4 50-140
FT4 10-24
FT3 4-8.3
Your TSH is a little high which means you are taking too much Levo but I expect your GP will disagree. Good luck.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I'm not taking enough levo and that's why tsh has crept back up. I've had my dose increased to 75mg to bring it down again.
@jingyd36
Thanks for posting your thyroid results. Your levels should be:-
TSH 0.4-4.5
TT4 50-140
FT4 10-24
FT3 4-8.3
Your TSH is a little high which means you are taking too much Levo but I expect your GP will disagree. Good luck.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Thank you. Great advice.
I don't think it makes any difference what you eat. Your body make cholesterol. You don't need to eat fat for the sake of it on LCHF, just don't avoid it. Nuts, seeds, olives, avocados = tasty, low carb, healthy fat.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not taking enough levo and that's why tsh has crept back up. I've had my dose increased to 75mg to bring it down again.

don´t be afraid of that , that is the way to go for better health..

my cholesterol level fell very rapidly when I did go low calorie and lower cabsing almost halved

Reactions: jingyd36

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
if anything it will help your PTSD to get your level of thyroid hormons right.(maybe not much , but certainly not make it worse).. and also make you less tired... if not write here as many times as you need to ask...
Thank you so much for your support.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
don´t be afraid of that , that is the way to go for better health..

my cholesterol level fell very rapidly when I did go low calorie and lower cabsing almost halved
I'm not afraid of increasing the levo. I think carol just got a tad confused as she said I was taking too much levo, but it's the other way around, I needed more

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Even though I have been forgetting my Thyroxine quite frequently this year - brain turned to mush by statins, my cholesterol level reduced whilst eating lots of saturated fats.
The consequences of eating fat seem to be better health - for Humans. The research was done on those well known herbivores, rabbits. I have never seen headlines such as 'cholesterol levels down x.y resulting in a.b percent reduction in deaths' - and if there were such statistics I am sure that they'd be everywhere.