Living with t1

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Soapybubs87 - welcome to the best place on the web!

I've experienced - and still do experience - much of what you mention with how to cope with not wanting to feel different, and getting across to other people what it's really like to live with.

Since joining this forum though I've gained so much confidence in how I go about things! It's too late to change my mind about many of my 'no I can't, because of my diabetes' life decisions, but now I've met so many people on here who inspire me on a daily - hourly - basis, I've got a pump and a Libre, my horizons have broadened and I'm finally beginning to dance to my own tune rather than the one my diabetes has been playing on a constant loop for the last 31 years.

Stick around, @Soapybubs87 !

Love Snapsy
:)

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Soapybubs87 - welcome to the best place on the web!

I've experienced - and still do experience - much of what you mention with how to cope with not wanting to feel different, and getting across to other people what it's really like to live with.

Since joining this forum though I've gained so much confidence in how I go about things! It's too late to change my mind about many of my 'no I can't, because of my diabetes' life decisions, but now I've met so many people on here who inspire me on a daily - hourly - basis, I've got a pump and a Libre, my horizons have broadened and I'm finally beginning to dance to my own tune rather than the one my diabetes has been playing on a constant loop for the last 31 years.

Stick around, @Soapybubs87 !

Love Snapsy
:)
Hi what a lovely and ibspiring message! I must admit i feel loads better already! I to consodering a pump i have to waot to go on the daphny course before even being considered but i suppose it is a start

Reactions: Snapsy