LND - Lose Dose Naltrexone for chronic pain etc

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was wondering if anyone has tried this medication, what condition it was diagnosed for and how effective you found it to be.

I've been hearing quite a lot about it recently for conditions like chronic pain, IBS, autoimmune conditions, etc. Although the drug was originally used to help people detox from opioids and alcohol, it is now being prescribed in almost miniscule doses at bedtime to treat various conditions. The mechanism is believed to be that by temporarily blocking endorphin receptors, it causes the body to ramp up production of its own natural pain killers. It's also believed to have an anti-inflammatory effect on brain/microglial inflammation which can help with central pain syndromes and diseases like MS.

I've also heard that there's a really good research body for it in the UK and was wondering how much exposure it's getting with the medical profession.

This is the website of the LND Research Trust in the UK: http://www.ldnresearchtrust.org/

Cat0409_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been taking Targin 20/10 which is Naltrexone and oxycodone. I take it for severe disabling pain not related to my diabetes. I have damage to my neck shoulder, elbow and arm.
I also take Tramadol xr and Tramadol as well as Codralgyn (paradol and codeine combo)
I have done the round of a lot of different pain killers. Oxycodone did not work on its own for me in that it had very little effect.
I can now function on the whole. I still have days of pain but I do not have some of the extreme effects I had with other meds.
The biggest side effect is constipation, which doesnt help also low carbing. I make sure I drink plenty of water and use chia seeds a lot as I hate taking movicol which is my prescribed med for constipation.