Local groups - East Kent

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not certain this is the right place to raise this, but are there any other people interested in local support groups? i'm in Folkestone in East Kent and would be interested in a local support group if there is one.

kentish maid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who tell me I don't need to test my blood
I used to belong to the Dover group but we had to disband due to lack of support people just were no longer interested they get their information on the internet we think the meetings had run there cause it was a great pity but we had no support from the health service except from our diabatologist.I wish you luck.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is a Diabetes UK group in Folkestone actually

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have no idea, not been to one just picked up a freebie mag when I was there and it was mentioned. Suggest you contact Diabetes UK , sorry.

Sent from my Kindle using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Natalielw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! Is there many type 1 diabetics in kent? I'd like to set up a group where we can all meet up etc but I need the numbers. Let me know if you're interested or know anyone who might be. It would be based in the herne bay, whitstable, Canterbury etc area of Kent! :) I've been diabetic for a year now and am set on making this happen :) please let me know! Thank you

Sheila_Jane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey! Is there many type 1 diabetics in kent? I'd like to set up a group where we can all meet up etc but I need the numbers. Let me know if you're interested or know anyone who might be. It would be based in the herne bay, whitstable, Canterbury etc area of Kent! :) I've been diabetic for a year now and am set on making this happen :) please let me know! Thank you

Sheila_Jane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I may be interested but would depend on where the group would be, I am just outside Dover so Canterbury is not to bad, worth thinking about. Diagnosed last June but think I had type 2 before this, but mine is Steroid Induced Diabetes. Please let me know.