1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lomda mac

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by linashjoe, Jul 30, 2017.

1. linashjoe

linashjoe Type 2 · Member

Type 2 diabetes on 9 tablets daily also daily insulon and a weekly injection,3 blood pressure tabs,pain pills and fentnyl patches but DWP say im fit for work need advice

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

2. mariavontrapp

mariavontrapp Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi there - I just wanted to say sorry to hear you are in this situation as I know how soul-destroying it can be dealing with DWP.
    The thing that has helped me with benefit claims is googling the benefit you are on and the decision makers handbook, for example "DLA decision makers handbook"
    This gives you the criteria that you will be judged on and that will help you to know how to describe your illness to them in the right way. You do have to trawl through a lot of stuff to find it.

3. Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@linashjoe, please get an appointment with you local citizens advice as soon as possible. There is a national website detailing all the local advice sessions. They can help you challenge the decision.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook