Looking for a friend!

xbethx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello I'm Beth from London and I'm 14 (yes I know my profile says I'm 15 but every time I try I make an account it resets the month to January but my birthday is in April). I currently have no friends who have T1 or T2 and I want to be friends with somebody who understands because the people at school are so uneducated and uncaring about any of my diabetes it's just shoved to the side and never thought about and use it as an excuse to not invite me to things and it's not very nice for me to be honest. So I'm looking for a friend around my age with T1. I've had it 5 years now and I really do need somebody to talk to about it all because nobody understands like somebody who really deals with it personally. I hope you are all doing well
Beth :)

plutoniumcard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beth.
Good luck with your search, but please be careful online. Any forum has a cross section of the population, some less honest than others.
it is a shame that schools aren't doing more to educate students in a wider range of health issues. I know the curriculum is busy, but perhaps if your school has "deep learning "days, you could suggest diabetes as a good topic?
Good luck.
Tony (Adult!)

xbethx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Beth.
Good luck with your search, but please be careful online. Any forum has a cross section of the population, some less honest than others.
it is a shame that schools aren't doing more to educate students in a wider range of health issues. I know the curriculum is busy, but perhaps if your school has "deep learning "days, you could suggest diabetes as a good topic?
Good luck.
Tony (Adult!)

Thank you! Yes I will be careful I would never do anything dangerous don't worry we have focus days but because I am in year 10 we just have to do tests all day and parts of a gcse so I don't have the chance unfortunately but I'm going to speak to my nurses and see what they think though! Thanks for your concern
Beth