Lose Weight

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi would be nice if you shared your diet and how you overcame the plateau so many including myself struggle with weight loss we should each try and help each other with information.K
Unfortunately I discovered I was pregnant so I have eased up on the diet a bit and am not really looking at weight any more!
I have put on 2kg in 3 months... which isn't too bad considering I am battling morning sickness.

What has surprised me is that even eating the junk and carbs I have been forced (by my body) to consume... my Bgl are really good... this is surprising as I am usually on insulin by now and having it increased each week! I am still not needing medication which is good and once this sickness passes will try to get back on the diet and hopefully once I give birth the plateau will have passed and I will be healthy again!
If that doesn't happen I am hoping at least not to have put on too much weight and be able to go back on the diet and really push myself to pass the plateau... worst case scenario... I go back to my old weight and have to start again! However the scales are keeping me in check... though I don't think that share bag of crunchies I just downed will help me any!:bag::banghead::nailbiting:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Watch what you are eating - long before diagnosis I had one pregnancy where I ate maintenance levels of low carb foods, and just sailed through - really healthy baby grew like a weed and is now 6ft 4. Second pregnancy I mentioned low carb - instant hysteria from doctor, put on a 'proper' diet and in a few weeks was really ill with preeclampsia. I reverted to low carb foods and before they could find a place in hospital for me I was better - but I think the baby suffered during that time, as she is not as healthy as her brother.

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Watch what you are eating - long before diagnosis I had one pregnancy where I ate maintenance levels of low carb foods, and just sailed through - really healthy baby grew like a weed and is now 6ft 4. Second pregnancy I mentioned low carb - instant hysteria from doctor, put on a 'proper' diet and in a few weeks was really ill with preeclampsia. I reverted to low carb foods and before they could find a place in hospital for me I was better - but I think the baby suffered during that time, as she is not as healthy as her brother.
I haven't actually registered with midwife yet... this is my no.7 baby. Last one is my pic! I won't be following their diet... that's for sure!