Losing weight the old fashioned way

Honeyend

Hi Alex, I think you have to congratulate yourself, changing your eating habits is a big thing, and often goes against all we have been taught about food.
I think at this stage you will get little help from the NHS, I have worked in the NHS for 40 years and what the consultant says goes, so unless your consultant is for LCHF you will not get any help. I would just use them as a confirmation of your testing, if your results are getting better the chances are they will not bother you. Your GP and consultant should give you copies of your blood results, if they don't, ask.

If you think of your body weight and your calorie intake being at the opposite ends of a see saw, they will eventually balance, as you need less calories to maintain your weight as your body weight goes down.
I would use something like a My Fitness Pal app, if you are not already, to check the content of the things you buy on the go.
You are losing weight so quickly, because you are just eating too few calories, as other people have said the easiest way is to make it up is with fat. So when you ask for coffee, have black with cream, if you have a salad make sure you put oil on it, or fry your egg in oil. Try adding cream or full fat Greek yoghurt to something that you were already going to eat.
If you like sandwiches I would find some Lidl rolls,http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/lidl-bakery-high-protein-roll-100g-262422020
9g carb 300 cals. If you freeze them, take one out in a morning, freeze them in a bag, by the time you get to work they will have defrosted, then just add cheese or meat, in your case I would drizzle oil on it so you do not need a knife. M&S simply food have some high cal low carb meat snacks.
Unless you have problems with your kidneys, did your doctor do U&E's &LFT, I would not worry about the protein, most of it you will wee out. The fact that you are controlling your BS will keep you healthy.

Remember its just the start, it seems overwhelming but you will find a way.