low blood sugar

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
will be keeping away from the flaked rice mite not be so bait wouid using normal rice it was like i had just eating a box of glucose powder

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Glad to see you went the docs and have now got appointment for tests. Let us know any further developments. Stay away from rice!

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
its rice flake going like much then you make it so must be very high gi level

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
just out of intrest last nigh i had a boat load of sweets from choc as some one got me some for xams a xmas size toblorone and some of chocs being greedy i eat the lot some was about 3 am this morning my blood suger was 15 in the morning when i woke up . what i want to know is is some one didnt have anything wrong with them and was greedy and eat a boat load of suger and sweets like far to many would there blood suger readings get high. i have not had this prob when eating lower gi food its always been under 6.1 . so just to recap if a normal guy got up in the night and stuffed there face with sweets not just a few but a full box of then would there blood sugar shoot up or would it stay normal ?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
just out of intrest last nigh i had a boat load of sweets from choc as some one got me some for xams a xmas size toblorone and some of chocs being greedy i eat the lot some was about 3 am this morning my blood suger was 15 in the morning when i woke up . what i want to know is is some one didnt have anything wrong with them and was greedy and eat a boat load of suger and sweets like far to many would there blood suger readings get high. i have not had this prob when eating lower gi food its always been under 6.1 . so just to recap if a normal guy got up in the night and stuffed there face with sweets not just a few but a full box of then would there blood sugar shoot up or would it stay normal ?

No surprises it would shoot up ...... and ENORMOUSLY in some instances ....

STOP eating that rubbish. Forgive me for being blunt but stay away from that cr*p

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
i dont eat like ever most of the time blood sugar is pretty low. or with in range. so could that raise a normal persons blood sugar that much if eat a load of **** like that. if so then there must be a lot of people round the world who eat like that all the time having there blood sugar raise high non stop pretty hrash when you think about for me this was just a one off i eat oats most of the time that dont raise my blood very high atall

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
[
i dont eat like ever most of the time blood sugar is pretty low. or with in range. so could that raise a normal persons blood sugar that much if eat a load of **** like that. if so then there must be a lot of people round the world who eat like that all the time having there blood sugar raise high non stop pretty hrash when you think about for me this was just a one off i eat oats most of the time that dont raise my blood very high atall

Sorry. Try this one more time .... "One off" is irrelevant .... read above ... STOP consuming that rubbish. THERE are NO short cuts, NO excuses, NO "why is this happening". Your BS WILL jump.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Not sure many "normal" people eat that much chocolate at 3am, but we're splitting hairs here...........................

You seem fixated with having something wrong with you. Most people are trying to fight the diagnosis.

Why not just have an enjoyable day, without punishing your body with extremes of food - gorging or starving. Have a good balanced meal, with plenty of proteins and fats. You'll feel the better for it, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas.

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
i have been eating clean low gi this was a one of and thats what happend i wont do it again

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Not sure many "normal" people eat that much chocolate at 3am, but we're splitting hairs here...........................

You seem fixated with having something wrong with you. Most people are trying to fight the diagnosis.

Why not just have an enjoyable day, without punishing your body with extremes of food - gorging or starving. Have a good balanced meal, with plenty of proteins and fats. You'll feel the better for it, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas.

Why can't I say it like that ... from planet learning AB :)

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
had my normal oats and scrambled eggs its now come rite down into range people you have remember this is all new to me and it does play one ones mind a lot

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i have been eating clean low gi this was a one of and thats what happend i wont do it again

With respect, your "eating clean" comes across as starving yourself. I don't think you are eating enough nourishing food, and I think that may be masking whatever makes your bloods appear to swing around.

I reiterate, eat plenty, but concentrate more on protein and fats, with little carb. You will feel fuller for longer and your bloods will spike less. you have already demonstrated this to yourself, and posted about it earlier in the thread.

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
i have been adding more fats in in to food olive oil just mixing it in to most foods i have been making been eating more beef were i used to live on chicken, even adding seaame oil to my oats and loads of olive oil to me eggs.

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
img004.jpg
img005.jpg

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
here is the print out the blue lines show high blood sugar the red ones show low blood sugar

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
here is the print out the blue lines show high blood sugar the red ones show low blood sugar

What do you think of those figures? Do you have food records you can refer to (match up with) for the readings?

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
i was eating pretty much the same thing each day i have just refined it a little over the last week i will start writing down every thing i eat from now on

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i was eating pretty much the same thing each day i have just refined it a little over the last week i will start writing down every thing i eat from now on

And back to my first question, what do you feel about your blood readings?

danben123

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
on the whole i think they dont look to bad i think i just need to dial the eating a little better now. what do you think ?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
on the whole i think they dont look to bad i think i just need to dial the eating a little better now. what do you think ?

I'm not qualified to give you an assessment, but if they were my readings, on the whole, I'd be quite happy. There is only one low I would raise an eyebrow at, and it didn't last long, and hasn't replicated itself, or even close to it for 10 days.

You have a couple of very high readings, but without any context of what you had eaten, or how soon after the readings were; they're utterly meaningless.

I might be inclined to suggest my initial assessment of not eating enough could be close to your issue here. But again, I must stress, I am a lay person who cannot give medical advice.